Do you think Ngannou was in his´PRIME´ when he fought for the title'??

He started fighting 5 years ago or whatever. You really think he’s over the hill? Bet you weren’t saying that when he was winning

It's not just a question of whether he's peaked his MMA skills. It's the fact that Stipe laid out the game plan for every other heavyweight to beat Ngannou. He might still knock out glass jawed fighters, but the problem is he's already done that to the two biggest glass jaws in the division, and even there Ubereem would surely fight more intelligently in a rematch and run away for the first two minutes while letting Ngannou gas. So that leaves Arlovski again.

He likely is almost certainly older than 31 too, and that would explain his pathetic cardio.

In terms of fighting prime no, unless he says fuck all and just gets lazy and borderline retires. I can see him winning the title once Stipe begins to show his age and Francis builds his skill set. He has all the tools to be champ but his inexperience showed heavily Saturday night.

DUKZvQ3WkAIyD7P.jpg

3098330.gif

Did he peak his MMA Skills???????

Or he would be in his prime in some years after fighting more names in the division???

Opinions??? Poll???

Lets hope not for the sake of the UFC Performance Institute.

Not even close. He was legit trying to brawl swinging wild like an amateur. Stipe looked cool and calm sitting in the pocket avoiding wild shots and throwing straight counters hurting Ngannou all night. Don't get me started on his ground game either. Ngannou is still young in the MMA game. I say he needs 1-3 years striking and 3-5 years grappling.
It’s funny how the ufc tried to pretend like he improved. He has looked every bit the same in all of his ufc fights.

Im actually sure he will.....not hating just being real.
Till has legit skill and is legit invested into getting better. He may lose, whatever, but his skills aren’t hyped. His skills are very clearly legit

Till has legit skill and is legit invested into getting better. He may lose, whatever, but his skills aren’t hyped. His skills are very clearly legit

So were Yairs........

The guy is only 31 with obviously much to learn in the grappling/wrestling department. He got to fight for the UFC world title besides these shortcomings.

Yair always showed a lack of sound fundamentals, especially with his hands. He has shown to be an unpredictable, wild kicker -but that only gets you so far

He was hyped as the next "Conor" after he beat BJ......but dont let that throw off the narrative you are selling.

Physical prime yes, but needs to let go of the weights a bit and work on his cardio, also i was watching Rose on JRE yesterday and she said something interesting, missing punches is exhausting....what did Ngannou did the whole first round? Miss punchs and grapple, no wonder why he got tired so fast.

He was hyped as the next "Conor" after he beat BJ......but dont let that throw off the narrative you are selling.
Literally no one said that. What amateur bull shit you think you’re doing?

Stipe at the same age was back when he fought Gabriel Gonzaga. He wasnt nearly as good as he is now.

We'll find out in another 5 years... Francis might never win another fight for all we know.

He will never train enough to get to the cardio level or ground game he needs to win the belt. Besides, I bet he more like 35yo, not 31.

Back