Do you visit the cemetery?

Only on mothers day.

To steal flowers to give to my mom and my wife who are alive and well.

I visited my grandparents’ graves on my dad’s side with my wife and son two years ago. I hadn’t been since my grandmother died in 2009, but they’re in Ottawa and I live in Edmonton and I hadn’t been back since.

My grandparents on my mom’s side are buried in Thunderbay and I haven’t been there, or to their graves, in literally 20 years

Just visited 2 grave yards this evening where my great great grandparents are buried and the one where my grandparents are buried. We had a family reunion on my fathers side.

No. It's funny too because I've only lost both my grandfather's and my mom's mom. All 3 had their funerals during the week on finals weeks, so I couldn't attend the services, and I've never been to where they are buried.

both my parents elected to be cremated and their ashes spewed on the Pacific Ocean. yuck.
so I don't know anyone in a graveyard. weird, right?

but someday, I'll get to be in one every day....
238583.jpg

Yes. Some of the cemeteries in my city have a haunted Halloween event every year, it's good fun for my kids.

Every Sunday

To piss on the graves of my enemies

Never.

I carry my mom with me in my heart and I talk to her when I need to but I dont find any comfort in visiting her bones. We never hung out there or made memories there so it doesnt seem like shes there if that makes sense

I like gothic architecture so if there is a cemetery with cool shit in it, I'll go and check it out.

First time I ever got drunk was also in a cemetery.

My dad died 3 years ago and I still have no idea what his grave looks like. Just cant do it. Dont want to subject myself to the emotional pain. Hes gone. Visiting a stupid headstone isn't going to change that
Never. My family is buried in Nova Scotia and I'm in British Columbia. Though regardless of distance I'd still never go. I just don't see the point of it.

It's still nice to keep their graves looking nice, like someone cares about them. It's really depressing to go and see someone's grave that's completely gone to shit. My dad's is covered in snow for a good chunk of the year, but at least when it's nice out you can go and put some flowers.

I'm at the cemetery at least 3-4 times a week due to my part time job.

It's still nice to keep their graves looking nice, like someone cares about them. It's really depressing to go and see someone's grave that's completely gone to shit. My dad's is covered in snow for a good chunk of the year, but at least when it's nice out you can go and put some flowers.
Eh, the only person in my family that I cared about was my grandmother, but she doesn't have a grave. She was cremated, and I have no idea what was done with her ashes. Tbh it just doesn't matter to me. To me, it's more important that I showed I loved and cared for her while she was alive, as that's when it matters most. I'd rather take my alive grandmother a batch of carrot muffins (her fav), than take some stupid ass flowers to a spot on the ground, that she's not even there/alive to appreciate.

I go to my mother's grave every 2 weeks. Me, my dad and my sister have made it a thing to go and put flowers. I like doing it.

All my relatives were cremated so we have no gravestones etc to visit.

However I probably visit a graveyard once every 6 months. Not for folks I know but simply because I like the old churchyards and the atmosphere and history. Wouldn't visit the big ones like you see in US dramas. I'm talking about on3s that are somewhat dilapidated and run-down that have graves hundreds of years old.

I did get talking to one of the priests/vicar at one stage and he asked if I had anyone buried in his graveyard. I said no but these folks probably had few visitors nowadays so I thought it's nice that they weren't totally forgotten..he seemed to like that..

i visited Jim Morrisons grave in Paris and Oscar Wildes

No I don’t. I have it in my will to bury me in the woods via a special permit, no marker, no casket, no anything. Not knocking anyone else’s view, just my wishes.

That's actually really cool. Was it hard to get the permit. Must also be a cheap alternative.

I live close to one. Don't visit it much as nobody I know lies there. I did dig a grave there once before though. Had to remove the previous bodies (or what little there remained of them) too.

Only when I try to hook up with mourning widowers

Back