Do you want to see Jacobs vs Andy Lee?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-ja...-124349?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Eddie Hearn, Jacobs’ promoter, told IFL TV on Tuesday that it seems less likely than it once did that O’Sullivan’s handlers will agree to a deal to fight Jacobs at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Jacobs’ hometown. Hearn added, though, that Andy Lee is now a potential opponent for Jacobs in a fight HBO will televise that night.

“I hoped [Jacobs-O’Sullivan] would happen, but it doesn’t look like Spike’s side wants it,” Hearn said following a press conference for the Anthony Joshua-Joseph Parker heavyweight title unification fight. “Not Spike himself, by the way. Sorry Spike, because I know you’d fight anyone. But it’s politics, basically, which is a shame because it’s a big payday, big fight. Possibly, Andy Lee might get the opportunity as well against Danny Jacobs.”

Would much rather see him fight Andy Lee than Spike. That should have been the first choice.

It's a decent fight all said. I don't think much of Lee, but he's been measured at a certain quality and he's always a good puncher.

Personally no, Danny torches lee at anytime. If it’s the best offer on the table I’ll bet the spread.

Would much rather see him fight Andy Lee than Spike. That should have been the first choice.

Spike vs Jacobs is a mismatch. Eubank jr was probably close to inflicting a permanent brain in him, Jacobs would do the same

Danny should move up to smw rather than chasing ggg or bjs (And there’s no one else to fight). there’s a couple of good fights in that division and he can possibly be the top fighter as well

Last edited:
Fuck no! Jacobs doesn't need to waste his time with a guy no longer relevant.

Fuck no! Jacobs doesn't need to waste his time with a guy no longer relevant.

Lee is definitely still relevant and capable of stopping anyone at any moment. He is a big puncher and has a good resume.

Fun fight but certainly a waste of time as far as his career goes. He gave GGG his toughest fight to date then he fought a complete chump so going after a guy that got torched by BJS and lost to Chavez fucking Jr makes no sense whatsoever. Lee is basically a journeyman opponent at this point and Jacobs should be fighting a legit champ.

I think Jacobs is deserving of bigger name, better opponents than this but if he can't get the fights then this will do. Not exactly exciting but Jacobs can at least look good in the way he beats Lee.

Find us someone who will sign a contract and we'll be all ears (pun intended). Gotta have a name. Even if we move up it's the same shit. ee is a name and can make the fight interesting. We discussed this fight a few years back on here. I know it sucks but it is what it is

If there is no one else, I guess (Charlo is likely busy with an interim fight and I find it very unlikely that Saunders would risk fighting Jacobs before he can get in line for the GGG/Canelo 2 winner). Lee would still be dangerous if Jacobs gets reckless in exchanges, but at this point (and at any point in Lee's career, really) Jacobs beats him without too much trouble.

Find us someone who will sign a contract and we'll be all ears (pun intended). Gotta have a name. Even if we move up it's the same shit. ee is a name and can make the fight interesting. We discussed this fight a few years back on here. I know it sucks but it is what it is
Lemi.

Lee is a really entertaining fight for us fans but Danny would smash him.

High risk/ Low reward fight for Danny.

Nonsense to all of the 'he'd beat him with ease'...
He should win, probably would win, but Lee has an equalizer that he has been very successful with at various times during fights and even when very unexpected too.

Danny gains little with a win and loses much with a loss.

Lee will keep Jacobs busy, I'll take Jacobs in there with anybody atm, but Lee isn't a bad fight. It just seems like a foregone conclusion, and like a name with nothing to gain from in a way.

Well, who knows damn it? Just maybe Lee comes in ready to die for a signature win, my guess he does come in gamer than expected. Either way, not every fight is 50/50, sometimes there's a favorite, that's boxing!

Danny got robbed vs GGG, imo, but even in "losing" he gained respect out there and people seeing him again will root for him. Even fights with Jacobs being the heavy favorite are okay atm because fighting now and often and in exciting fan friendly fights is a must to keep his stock and his fan reach high as possible to further cement another shake at a big money fight.

Contract wasn't there. We want to fight twin, BJS, GGG and Canelo and then we'll move up. I mean you know what's up. Nobody wants to fight Danny. That's why I love Gennady. He at least gave us a shot. I don't see a second fight because he has an exit plan and I respect thst. Twin is the fight to be made. Lee is stay busy

It's a pity he has such a hard time finding opponents. Lee is an interesting fight, but it's awkward as a stay busy one, as Barman said. I guess Danny should avoid the ring rust, though.

It's a pity he has such a hard time finding opponents. Lee is an interesting fight, but it's awkward as a stay busy one, as Barman said. I guess Danny should avoid the ring rust, though.

It's a name and he looked like shit in his last fight (I don't mince words). Danny's guarantee is high but we only prefer big fights. Not to take anything away from Andy but it's not where we want to be.

Have to stay active

Back