Do you want your son/daughter to be like you

BillytheFish

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What lessons/traits do you possess that you want to instill in your kids?

Specific things that you are good at that you want to pass down if possible.

Only if she becomes a nationalist like I am, that is my only good quality.

I want my son to be exactly like me, but better in every way.

Ok not exactly like me. He can skip the years of massive substance abuse. Everything else is A GO though.

Future UFC champion. You'll see.

They just need to have all my good qualities and none of my bad ones, should be easy. :confused:

Definitely not. I hope he/she/they are better in every way possible. Id also ensure they had a healthy upbringing physically and, mentally aswell.
I hope theyre more artsy/sporty.

I want my son to be like me.

I want my daughter to be better than me.

What lessons/traits do you possess that you want to instill in your kids?

Specific things that you are good at that you want to pass down if possible.

Not really. I'm an alcholic selfish piece of shit. My wife is the only reason I've turned shit around frankly and even aside from that I want my kids to be way better than me. I think I have good intentions but I get upset and drink a 12 pack instead of dealing with things like na adult.

Definitely not. I hope he/she/they are better in every way possible. Id also ensure they had a healthy upbringing physically and, mentally aswell.
I hope theyre more artsy/sporty.

who dat is

Things I want to pass on to my son :
Pigeon hunting skills
High T
Boxing skills
Being able to speak more than one language

Things I don't want to pass on :
Being a manlet
Herpes

Not really. I'm an alcholic selfish piece of shit. My wife is the only reason I've turned shit around frankly and even aside from that I want my kids to be way better than me. I think I have good intentions but I get upset and drink a 12 pack instead of dealing with things like na adult.

If you recognize you have a problem though then you're capable of doing something about it, its people who dont even realize are the ones who cant begin to fix things

If you say no, then they will be excruciatingly similar to yourself, reminding you of all your tiresome, grating idiosyncrasies and weaknesses that you're both doomed to seemingly forever.

If you say yes, then they'll be completely different and it will piss you off to no end because you can't understand why they do things without your logic and act so bizarrely different

They’ll wish to reach silver belt status.

Most likely I never will. If I do, I want them to have my moral compass and empathy, without my craziness and insecurities.

If you say no, then they will be excruciatingly similar to yourself, reminding you of all your tiresome, grating idiosyncrasies and weaknesses that you're both doomed to seemingly forever.

If you say yes, then they'll be completely different and it will piss you off to no end because you can't understand why they do things without your logic and act so bizarrely different

That's pretty insightful for sherdog good effort lol

Not on every aspect. I want them to be healthy like me, I want them to want to workout on any way they desire; but I wouldn't want them to get too comfortable in life, I want them to grow in every way possible, to take chances, to live to their fullest potential.

I want them to have my IQ, my wife's EQ.

Sure.

I'd teach them the lesson of differed gratification. The lesson that work now leads to a bigger reward later. That success doesn't come immediately and ya gotta keep trying. That they don't have to be the best, but I want them to do their best.

No I want him to be better, much better. I’ve let myself and everyone I’ve ever loved down, I’m a loser

I am mostly satisfied with who I am, but my kids will be treated somewhat differently than me.
1) no excess pressure on career choice - I could've been a jet pilot if not for my dad's nagging.
2) sports from early age so they skip being the fat kid in school - I managed to get in shape and strong by 15, but when I told dad I want to train powerlifting to become strongest dude in my school he simply said "you know pretty well this is impossible" and hindered my training process. You should've seen his face when at 16 I first beat him in armwrestling. My kids will get all the help I can give them.
3) no pressure with school grades - I got beatings for getting B's instead of A's a couple of times, which is idiotic. No shit like that, never.

Back