Do you want your son/daughter to be like you

Hmmm, would I want my kid to be like me?

Son, yes

Daughter, fuck no

Is there any reason as to why you would not want your children to be better than you are?

I'd want him or her to be a relic. Don't know how much the rest of the world would like that but fuck em.

No it's too unreasonable of an expectation. As long as they are happy and not deadbeats or serial killers I don't really care what they do. If they had passions I'd do whatever I could to support them.

No but recently saw a clip of kid trunks training with vegeta during an episode of Dragon ball GT.

Now I want to train with my (future) son like that. Body weight exercises, gymnastics and cardio until puberty, then he takes his rightful place as my weights partner. If he likes the gym even half as much as me I’ll have him repping 225 bench by the 10th grade, I’ve no doubt about that.

What lessons/traits do you possess that you want to instill in your kids?

Specific things that you are good at that you want to pass down if possible.

Not what I did necessarily, but things I didn't do or did but would prefer not having done.

Start gymnastics at 3, lifting at 10
Learn to code as soon as you can read
Read like a motherfucker, history, philosophy etc

That's it. If you get the erudition early and get strong as shit, and get the discipline of an athlete, you can do whatever and be successful

As long as they keep up the family tradition of posting great content on Sherdog I don't care what else they choose to do in life.

If you say no, then they will be excruciatingly similar to yourself, reminding you of all your tiresome, grating idiosyncrasies and weaknesses that you're both doomed to seemingly forever.

If you say yes, then they'll be completely different and it will piss you off to no end because you can't understand why they do things without your logic and act so bizarrely different

Having a son in a few weeks God's willing.

I notice a lot of parents want their kids to be an extension of their own unfulfilled ambitions. They'll disown them if they don't go to the right school, marry the right person, enter the right profession, etc.

With that said, I think every parent wants to see some of their own valued traits in their kid, as well as some of their interests.

I want my child to have my reasoning skills because I think that is rare in this world and is one of my most valued traits. I want them to not be a crowd/people pleaser and instead be a leader, and I want them to be honorable.

As for hobbies and sports, they're getting into a martial arts and learning how to fight whether they like it or not. All other activities I like, I will encourage them to do it, as they can use me as a mentor and I can also have someone to do the activity with. But if they don't like it after I expose them to it, they can do their own thing. I'm not gonna be one of those parents who forces their kid to do something the kid resents.

I'd want them to be mechanically inclined and mentally strong. It's really frustrating to see certain family members falling apart mentally when something goes wrong.

If either of my kids turn out like me...

70203720-hand-holding-leather-belt-for-punishment-on-white-background-family-violence-concept.jpg

Back