Do your parents make you call before stopping by?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
My dad used to always birch about how my grandpa shacked up with a no good lady after getting divorced and neglected the kids. Fast forward to now and I'm moved out and he's got a new wife who is just the same. I had been living out of town and just moved back so I thought I'd stop by and catch up. Instead of being welcomed with open arms I get this long spiel how I cant just drop in unannounced and should set up any visits. DAFUQ?

Daddy busy screwing his new wife.

damn bro, thats the dude who brought u into this world, giving him a heads up beforehand shouldnt be too much to ask. ungrateful kids damn

My dad used to always birch about how my grandpa shacked up with a no good lady after getting divorced and neglected the kids. Fast forward to now and I'm moved out and he's got a new wife who is just the same. I had been living out of town and just moved back so I thought I'd stop by and catch up. Instead of being welcomed with open arms I get this long spiel how I cant just drop in unannounced and should set up any visits. DAFUQ?

Yes, you should call. I wouldn't want people showing up at my door unannounced either. You don't find randomly showing up at peoples houses to be strange or even slightly rude?

He's right. Don't be a dick. Call ahead.

They live a thousand miles away, they'd have heart attacks if I just waltzed on in.

Sounds unfamiliar to me, but it's his right to request a call I think.

Parents are just people, eh? Try to make it better when you're his age.

My parents have been dead a long time but if I stopped in to surprise my mom, she would have been stoked. She loved me unlike TS's dad.

Nah, My mom and dad have always loved me. However,I've always gave the common courtesy of giving a heads up, though they've never given me a reason to feel I've needed to do so.

Make me? No. I just naturally have the common courtesy to call or text before I drop in.

What about if you pop in and he's skull fucking his new broad in the kitchen hey? You'd wish you'd called ahead then.

Nah sounds like an asshole move by your pops honestly. Do you believe that before he met up with and married this woman he would have asked the same of you?

Seeing as both my parents are in their mid 60's they gave me a key to my childhood home. With my younger brother and sister living in different states and me living 20 mins from them made sense

I’m sure I could show up without calling, but I would always call.

My parents wouldn't care, but I think it's rude when people just randomly pop in without calling, so I always call a head regardless of who I'm visiting, because there are times when I hate when people do it to me.

I like to have a heads up, so I can make sure I'm dressed and the house is presentable. I hate when people randomly pop in and my house is trashed and I'm laying around shirtless in sweat pants or something.

This is where I live in relation to my parents, who are divorced, and both live off different ends of the island of Montréal.

No way am I driving forty minutes without calling ahead.

right click and open in a new tab to see a much larger copy of the map
2ajc8sx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back