Do your parents make you call before stopping by?

I usually call my mom first to make sure she's sober before going over there.

Calling ahead is VERY important! Here are the following reasons why:

- You may have to go out at the moment and then you get a surprise visit which create a friction in your plans.

- You maybe in the middle of sex or a movie, video games and suddenly someone shows up and takes your momentum away.

- You maybe having a horrible day and if you don't get the call, you wont be able to calm yourself because you get surprised.

Now, if someone gives you a notice, then that means that, you can create a timetable for that person and they wont be intruding in the middle of your other activities.

I mean, ask your self this, do you want a job that has employers call you at ANY moment of the day and asking you if you can take the shift? Or, do you prefer a job that allows you to anticipate the time and the day in which you have to show up?

I have a key to my dads house, but I would never show up and just let myself in unannounced. I also wouldn't show up without at least shooting a text, but if I happened to be in the area and knocked on the door I'm sure he wouldn't mind, we are good enough that he would just tell me if he is too busy for my company at the moment.

My dad used to always birch about how my grandpa shacked up with a no good lady after getting divorced and neglected the kids. Fast forward to now and I'm moved out and he's got a new wife who is just the same. I had been living out of town and just moved back so I thought I'd stop by and catch up. Instead of being welcomed with open arms I get this long spiel how I cant just drop in unannounced and should set up any visits. DAFUQ?

I prefer to call my mom ahead of time to make sure she will be home. Despite her age, she is pretty active in volunteer work and sometimes goes out of town.

I see my parents every day because I work at the family business, so it’s not unusual to go by unannounced or them to drop by my house. Plus I live a block away from them. If we lived farther away I could see calling ahead, but it doesn’t seem necessary since I’m in contact with them on a day to day basis

I always call before I stop by because I expect them to do the same too.

My parents have been dead a long time but if I stopped in to surprise my mom, she would have been stoked. She loved me unlike TS's dad.

I think TS might be adopted or his mothers love child with another man.
I never call ahead my mom loves me and is happy to see me.

I usually call my mom first to make sure she's sober before going over there.

I thought your mother drank because she has to see you.

You need to establish if pro or anti "Pop-In"

My parents have been dead a long time but if I stopped in to surprise my mom, she would have been stoked. She loved me unlike TS's dad.
If your mom stopped by now though...

JuOn-660x330.jpeg

i always ask before visiting, but my parents wouldn't care at all. hell, they used to ask if i wanted a key to their house lol.

Back