DOCTOR DOOM (Rumor: Marvel Studios' Unexpected Plans for Doom)

images

61FLVojOVTL.jpg

The last fantastic 4 movie sucks, I hope it doesn't end up like that.

Dr. Doom can carry his own movie? Who's the bad guy then? Professor Chaos?

If any villain can carry his own movie, it's Dr Doom (alongside with Joker and Magneto). Those three villains are in everyone's top 5 villains of all time. It's just that we're so used to the movie versions of Dr Doom (that sucked) that we don't classify him as a juggernaut he is.

I really like Hawley, but I remain skeptical of any F4 property.

If any villain can carry his own movie, it's Dr Doom (alongside with Joker and Magneto). Those three villains are in everyone's top 5 villains of all time. It's just that we're so used to the movie versions of Dr Doom (that sucked) that we don't classify him as a juggernaut he is.

This. Doom is one of the most iconic Big Bads in fiction. His mask was one of the inspirations for Darth Vader. Doom is a fascinating character; a combination of Hannibal Lecter and Tony Stark. Utterly ruthless, he still possess a twisted code of honour; if Doom gives you his word he will keep it. To the letter. So Doom might promise not to kill someone, but do nothing to help them if they for example are attacked by another enemy.

Doom is the ultimate Polymath. He has mastered Science, Magic, even the Martial Arts; he once killed a lion with a single blow while not wearing his armour. Imagine a much smarter Batman, without the No Kills Rule and wearing armour at least as powerful as Iron Man. Doom is bad ass to the bone, and I would love to see him done properly. But the last good Fox comic book movie was DoFP. Fox have proved that even iconic Super Villains - yes, looking at you guys Juggernaut and Apocalypse - can't overcome shit-tier writing.

Give me Mads as Doom and we're cool.

Dr. Doom can carry his own movie? Who's the bad guy then? Professor Chaos?
Imagine Doctor Strange, but he's evil. He learns the magic stuff but decides he doesn't want to save the world but to spite Richards with magic powers.

Greatest Marvel super villain and the most difficult character to portray in a single film. Doom is so deep and twisted I'd hope he'd have an introduction as a bad guy in a FF or Avengers film then a solo film afterwards.

Dr Doom is one of the greatest villains in comics bar none. Unfortunately for him Fox owns his rights.

as long as he is least a dark anti-hero and not straight up good guy.
I like the idea of a Scarface type Doom rising to rule Latveria with an iron fist (except he wins at the end)

But I doubt they'll go that route.

Always liked Doom, the benevolent overlord.

as long as he is least a dark anti-hero and not straight up good guy.

I don't think Hawley is so dumb he doesn't realize this. This could be done well and I honestly have always liked Doctor Doom as a character. Will watch. I hope they skip past the "how he became doom stuff". A quick recap is good enough, a nightmare while he's sleeping or something, then move on.

If I see they are going to dive into how he became doom to much I might skip it and while till it's out on Bluray.

Could be very good if done correctly, crazy how they've managed to botch him multiple times. He's one of those silver platter type characters that should've been easy to handle but they rush Dr Doom into these shitty F4 movies when he should be showcased as much as they are.

Also read it as Doom movie like the video game, got excited there for a bit lol.

Is Dr. Doom the one who's horny for Invisible Woman? If so, make it a R rated sex... I mean romance movie.

Is Dr. Doom the one who's horny for Invisible Woman? If so, make it a R rated sex... I mean romance movie.
Namor. I think.

What pisses me off is they can't do his comic origin story because it was done twice already. Doom going to Tibet to get the mask is absolutely iconic.

Namor. I think.

What pisses me off is they can't do his comic origin story because it was done twice already. Doom going to Tibet to get the mask is absolutely iconic.
but i'd be kind of fine with it as long as it is more true to the comics.

Back