Doctor Voices Concerns on Vaccines & Big Pharma’s Influence Over the Medical Industry

The idea that the CDC is covering up that vaccines cause autism is preposterous . Also the reason that the information was removed from the public domain was due to issues of conflict of interest and the questionable validity of its methods. Also did the collected data prove that the MMR vaccine caused a 340% increase in autism rates among African-American boys? The answer is not at all.

Also, are you familiar with the Simpsonwood meeting? If not, it gives a good example of the inherent biases facing vaccine research and policy.

I would highly recommend reading the entire transcript, as it gives a glimpse into the mindset and ignorance regarding vaccination with the MMR which is truly frightening. What's worse, when confronted with a study suggesting a very strong association between vaccination and autism, the response was horrifying. Below is a quote from one of the doctors AFTER Vaerstraten provided very damaging study findings:

"My mandate as I sit here in this group is to make sure at the end of the day the 100,000,000 are immunized with DTP, Hepatitis B and if possible Hib, this year, next year and for many years to come, and that will have to be with Thimerosal containing vaccines unless a miracle occurs and an alternative is found quickly and is tried and found to be safe."

http://www.autismhelpforyou.com/Simpsonwood_And_Puerto Rico.htm

And this is a member responding to a study in which a MAJOR association b/w vaccines and autism was just found!

I don't really know what to say. You recognize problems with big pharma but hold that the one exception is vaccination? Have you read much on this subject? Vaccine research is well known to be some of the poorest quality (historically speaking) due to many factors (some nepharious, some not), and as I posted already, research into adverse effects of vaccinations is very limited and flawed (again some due to nepharious reasons, some because of inherent difficulties in researching vaccines in general). At the end of the day, much of the research is very much flawed leaving major room for doubts regarding both vaccine efficacy and safety.

What more evidence do you need about vaccine efficacy than the fact that several horrible diseases have been completely eradicated? Why do people just ignore everything sensible about this topic?

You know what the problem is? We have become too comfortable. Do you really need to start seeing kids dying of polio, typhoid and pertussis to convince you that vaccines were a good idea ?

I don't really know what to say. You recognize problems with big pharma but hold that the one exception is vaccination? Have you read much on this subject? Vaccine research is well known to be some of the poorest quality (historically speaking) due to many factors (some nepharious, some not), and as I posted already, research into adverse effects of vaccinations is very limited and flawed (again some due to nepharious reasons, some because of inherent difficulties in researching vaccines in general). At the end of the day, much of the research is very much flawed leaving major room for doubts regarding both vaccine efficacy and safety.

I don't have to worry about fucking Polio. My daughter wont be struck down by easily preventable diseases. This isn't rocket surgery.

Measles used to infect 90% of people. 90 FUCKING PERCENT. People went blind from it. It cost our country tons of money, pain, and suffering. So we created a vaccine and fucking eradicated the disease. Poof, now nobody gets measles. Pretty fucking great.

Lets not forget......... POLIO SUCKS and you never have to worry about it because of vaccines.

1*5Zv5gz2grpWK54HAnqN-DQ.png

And if these horrid diseases make a comeback I hope the anti vaxxers and their families bear the brunt.

I don't have to worry about fucking Polio. My daughter wont be struck down by easily preventable diseases. This isn't rocket surgery.

Measles used to infect 90% of people. 90 FUCKING PERCENT. People went blind from it. It cost our country tons of money, pain, and suffering. So we created a vaccine and fucking eradicated the disease. Poof, now nobody gets measles. Pretty fucking great.

Lets not forget......... POLIO SUCKS and you never have to worry about it because of vaccines.

And if these horrid diseases make a comeback I hope the anti vaxxers and their families bear the brunt.
A decent amount of preventable diseases are making a comeback granted they are ones that are easily treatable but the fact is they are making a comeback all because of one man and his name is Andrew Wakefield. If not for him authoring a fraudulent research paper in the lancet journal in 1998 claiming that there was a link between the administration of the MMR vaccine and the appearance of autism and bowel disease (Other researchers were unable to replicate his findings) we probably wouldn't be having type of conversation or at least it wouldn't be this big of a deal. Sadly however we now have to deal with this and I have a feeling it will only get worse.

What more evidence do you need about vaccine efficacy than the fact that several horrible diseases have been completely eradicated? Why do people just ignore everything sensible about this topic?

You know what the problem is? We have become too comfortable. Do you really need to start seeing kids dying of polio, typhoid and pertussis to convince you that vaccines were a good idea ?

Firstly, please show me which disease has been eradicated, that would be a good starting point... I notice that vaccine proponents tend to be over zealous and use incorrect and non factual language which always suggests more in favor of vaccination than is actually true.

Second, correlation does not equal causation, obviously. What I would like to see is the BASIC standard of establishing treatment efficacy applied to vaccines, just like with every other treatment intervention, call me crazy if you will. This may be particularly useful considering the fact that non-vaccinated populations have seen reduced disease incidences and also some diseases have been "eliminated" without vaccination. Further, at least in the US, it is proven fact that disease decline of certain diseases has been effected by diagnostic changes and other health measures, not simply vaccination.

Also, if you actually learned about these diseases, many times those injured by vaccine preventable diseases (keep in mind 95% of people infected are asymptomatic) are predisposed, usually due to malnourishment or other health factors. So we can identify a particular subset of folks likely to suffer from infectious diseases and treat accordingly (which may include vaccination) yet our policy instead is to wholesale vaccinate every man, woman, and child almost always with the exact same schedule... The only way we can justify this is to ignore adverse effects, fear monger, and assume that vaccines are like nearly flawless. Even a minimum of research will show that the public mantra of "safe and effective" is built on a house of cards.

A decent amount of preventable diseases are making a comeback granted they are ones that are easily treatable but the fact is they are making a comeback all because of one man and his name is Andrew Wakefield. If not for him authoring a fraudulent research paper in the lancet journal in 1998 claiming that there was a link between the administration of the MMR vaccine and the appearance of autism and bowel disease (Other researchers were unable to replicate his findings) we probably wouldn't be having type of conversation or at least it wouldn't be this big of a deal. Sadly however we now have to deal with this and I have a feeling it will only get worse.

You guys always try to bring up Wakefield, your use of ad hom attack shows weakness... plus you didn't even get it right. Wakefield's paper did not claim causation at all, and in fact he simply said there exists uncertainty and that people should use individual vaccines until more research is conducted, the horror!

Also, mind sourcing the researchers that failed to replicate?

It reeks of desperation that you all need to constantly ignore the numerous reputable doctors and researchers who express legitimate concerns, and instead you focus on half-fabricated ad hom attacks... speaking of, you don't want to forget to mention the playboy bunny, that is sure to score you some points, lol!

The idea that the CDC is covering up that vaccines cause autism is preposterous . Also the reason that the information was removed from the public domain was due to issues of conflict of interest and the questionable validity of its methods. Also did the collected data prove that the MMR vaccine caused a 340% increase in autism rates among African-American boys? The answer is not at all.

CDC shill spotted.

Firstly, please show me which disease has been eradicated, that would be a good starting point... I notice that vaccine proponents tend to be over zealous and use incorrect and non factual language which always suggests more in favor of vaccination than is actually true.

Second, correlation does not equal causation, obviously. What I would like to see is the BASIC standard of establishing treatment efficacy applied to vaccines, just like with every other treatment intervention, call me crazy if you will. This may be particularly useful considering the fact that non-vaccinated populations have seen reduced disease incidences and also some diseases have been "eliminated" without vaccination. Further, at least in the US, it is proven fact that disease decline of certain diseases has been effected by diagnostic changes and other health measures, not simply vaccination.

Also, if you actually learned about these diseases, many times those injured by vaccine preventable diseases (keep in mind 95% of people infected are asymptomatic) are predisposed, usually due to malnourishment or other health factors. So we can identify a particular subset of folks likely to suffer from infectious diseases and treat accordingly (which may include vaccination) yet our policy instead is to wholesale vaccinate every man, woman, and child almost always with the exact same schedule... The only way we can justify this is to ignore adverse effects, fear monger, and assume that vaccines are like nearly flawless. Even a minimum of research will show that the public mantra of "safe and effective" is built on a house of cards.

The last natural outbreak of smallpox in the US was in 1949, and despite what your aunt's yoga teacher would have you believe, it was in fact due to vaccination. And regardless of my "overzealous" use of language: what do you think the rates of vaccine preventable diseases would be if people were not vaccinated (e.g. measles, pertussis, diphtheria)? Let's say that vaccines were never, ever invented, how many of us typing on this forum would not have made it past childhood? I'll give you a hint; it would be more than a few.

I'll tell you what; let's stop vaccinating our kids. It'll be a terrific idea, surely nothing will go wrong and multitudes of children won't needlessly die and kids will not be autistic anymore! (side note: autism continues to rise, and due to people listening to their naturopaths and Jenny McCarthy, people in some areas are actually vaccinating less, so explain that one away).

I will say this again; the only reason people are anti-vaccination are because they are too young to remember people actually dying of vaccine preventable illnesses (i.e. they are too comfortable); they are conspiratorial in their thinking and possibly mentally ill; they are completely ignorant of the way diseases are transmitted, the ways they are prevented, and what a vaccine actually even does; or they are simply afraid due to the shit they read on the internet from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog or something.

And regarding the precious Dr. Thompson, here's a good read on that, although it's long (you probably won't read it anyway).

https://respectfulinsolence.com/201...ificent-bastard-i-read-your-antivaccine-book/

I'll continue to listen to epidemiologists, infectious diseases experts, pediatricians, and cell biologists, and you can continue getting your sources from a soccer mom in Indiana.

You guys always try to bring up Wakefield, your use of ad hom attack shows weakness... plus you didn't even get it right. Wakefield's paper did not claim causation at all, and in fact he simply said there exists uncertainty and that people should use individual vaccines until more research is conducted, the horror!

Also, mind sourcing the researchers that failed to replicate?

It reeks of desperation that you all need to constantly ignore the numerous reputable doctors and researchers who express legitimate concerns, and instead you focus on half-fabricated ad hom attacks... speaking of, you don't want to forget to mention the playboy bunny, that is sure to score you some points, lol!
What you said is false. Andrew Wakefield claimed that the measles vaccine inflamed the intestines and caused harmful proteins in the bloodstream, which could lead to brain damage and autism.

I can give you all the sources you need with proper citations and everything, Below is just a small sample size. If you want more just ask

https://web.archive.org/web/2008040...ccinesafety/concerns/mmr_autism_factsheet.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/2009102...zation-safety-review-vaccines-and-autism.aspx
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20669467
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....ions/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4002972
http://cochranelibrary-wiley.com/do...ionid=ADF9BDEB7DE237250C644A5BFC9D3461.f04t04
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....ions/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4002972

We bring up Andrew Wakefield because without the now discredited information he published we wouldn't be having this discussion at all and sadly we shouldn't be having it but alas we are.

What you said is false. Andrew Wakefield claimed that the measles vaccine inflamed the intestines and caused harmful proteins in the bloodstream, which could lead to brain damage and autism.

I can give you all the sources you need with proper citations and everything, Below is just a small sample size. If you want more just ask

https://web.archive.org/web/2008040...ccinesafety/concerns/mmr_autism_factsheet.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/2009102...zation-safety-review-vaccines-and-autism.aspx
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20669467
http://cochranelibrary-wiley.com/do...ionid=ADF9BDEB7DE237250C644A5BFC9D3461.f04t04

We bring up Andrew Wakefield because without the now discredited information he published we wouldn't be having this discussion at all and sadly we shouldn't be having it but alas we are.

None of your links post to the Wakefield study... nor any specific refutation. Weird that you would offer to post sources but then provide virtually none? Most are simply pro MMR talking points.

If you are going to make a claim you really should be able to support it directly rather than with links you probably didn't even read... I do appreciate your Cochrane link though, which basically shits on the available MMR research:

"The design and reporting of safety outcomes in MMR vaccine studies, both pre- and post-marketing, are largely inadequate."

But hey, don't worry! The studies are largely inadequate but we can assure you the MMR is safe!

As for those studies that failed to replicate Wakefield, would you mind posting your source on that? Thanks!

We starting threads based on the opinions of random doctors now? At least make it a famous doctor or something. I mean, what does Dr. Dre think about this issue?

I can't believe TS forgot about him.

agreed we are so fortunate to have vaccines, but I never would wish polio on anyone, no matter how dumb and militant they may be.

13db95b32f0fd429e263eee4414093ba.jpg
6ef02cc8a7304b7eb6c466794340b8bb.jpg
Children%2Bin%2Ban%2Biron%2Blung%2Bbefore%2Bthe%2Badvent%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bpolio%2Bvaccination%252C%2B1950.jpg

Everyone here realizes that without Big Pharma, we'd lose a massive amount of funding for research, right? Big Pharma isn't the problem, the issue is that the US system is practically designed to be exploited by big corporations.

None of your links post to the Wakefield study... nor any specific refutation. Weird that you would offer to post sources but then provide virtually none? Most are simply pro MMR talking points.

If you are going to make a claim you really should be able to support it directly rather than with links you probably didn't even read... I do appreciate your Cochrane link though, which basically shits on the available MMR research:

"The design and reporting of safety outcomes in MMR vaccine studies, both pre- and post-marketing, are largely inadequate."

But hey, don't worry! The studies are largely inadequate but we can assure you the MMR is safe!

As for those studies that failed to replicate Wakefield, would you mind posting your source on that? Thanks!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10376617 This is the most well known study done afterwards that found no evidence. Also the higher prevalence of autism has nothing to do with vaccinations. For the most part it has to do our better understanding of the spectrum and being able to properly diagnose individuals. Also the criteria has changed for diagnosing autism which like I previously said led to more individuals being diagnosed with it

It's fucking Scyther all over again guys just ignore the inbred oxygen thief till he fades away.

opposing the mandate of the flu shots for medical employees...

doesn't that go against logic...? why da fuck would you oppose that??? these people are working and socializing with sick people. the chances of catching something and taking it somewhere is the fuckin' highest. why would you not protect yourself and your loved ones via vaccines???

Flu shots are a bit tricky. Not really very likely to work against your particular strain.

Back