Does a fighter develop a glass/granite chin over time or is it genetics?

I think a lot of what we describe as a good chin is about awareness. If you see a punch coming, you can absorb it. Some guys are just chinny, but most aren't. Every fighter has been rocked and every fighter can be KO'd.

It's the brain, not the chin. The brain is shutting down when it detects trauma to prevent further damage. It seems like everyone's number is different. If you look at someone like Overeem, his brain seems to shut off the moment he starts taking damage.

I would peel down my quad xl sweatpants and lay the biggest most American shart in the history of mankind across your feeble twig body. I would grab your saturated shaking noodle frame up and wipe you through the flabby abyss of my shit cavern and throw you into the trash pile behind my mobility recliner that is littered with big mac boxes and little debbie wrappers. You cannot hope to match me
You game??

You can improve your ability to take a shot and to recover from a shot by doing a lot of cardio.

It's the brain, not the chin. The brain is shutting down when it detects trauma to prevent further damage. It seems like everyone's number is different. If you look at someone like Overeem, his brain seems to shut off the moment he starts taking damage.
This and the the more the brain is shut down the quicker it does in the future = cracked chin

No I mean like legit do you play video games loool I feel our conversations would be god tier humour
yeah, not so much lately but battlefield 1 on ps4 is what I've been playing for the past year or so mostly

yeah, not so much lately but battlefield 1 on ps4 is what I've been playing for the past year or so mostly
Wanna be normies together & go for some duos on Fortnite??? Tomorrow tho

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I think the best example of this is bisping tbh, I mean think of how humiliating and messy his retirement was, that gastelum put him down like an absolute sack of potatoes, not a pretty way to end your career, hard to know when to get out tho I suppose, same with overeem
Getting paid peanuts doesn’t help.

Wanna be normies together & go for some duos on Fortnite??? Tomorrow tho
images

Getting paid peanuts doesn’t help.
True that. Also I think it’s actually disgusting that Dana let him fight Gastelum after being knocked out literally like a week before, clearly couldn’t care less about his fighters

It might start out granite but end up glass. Only so much repeated bouncing around for the brain inside the skull before it’s easier to turn the lights out quicker.

Will take a long recovery time between fights for adequate recovery after a knockout. Back to back fights with hard sparring in between don’t help.

Chin def is genetics, but i think it could also be mental, like how your mind reacts to being hit. You can tell in the ufc certain guys just don’t give a fuck and they tend to have good chins, now maybe they don’t care because of the chin or maybe it’s mind over matter.

srs question I mean are people unable to control how strong their chin is? I mean I know a chin can get weaker over time, Michael bisping is a prime example. By this I basically mean how likely they are to be knocked out or rocked. I’m intrigued to see what people think because I feel like it’s something you just can’t control, if you have a strong chin you’re lucky & if you have a glass chin you’re unlucky, but do you think it it can improve? Stupid question but humour me pls I’m having a debate

Sort of yeah. If you have a bad chin it can be improved to an extent by stregthening the jaw and neck muscles but you will never have an iron chin.

Somepeople are born with a couple things that can give you an iron chin, one is a sightly thicker skull, like a 1/4" I believe. The other is an extra jaw muscle ( I was blessed with this one, makes it a real bitch when the dentist has to stick a needle in it, lol, he basically has to hammer it in and it hurts like hell.)

The biggest factor is seeing the shot coming and being able to brace for it as well as roll with it though. It doesn't take much to KO someone if they don't see it coming.

Sort of yeah. If you have a bad chin it can be improved to an extent by stregthening the jaw and neck muscles but you will never have an iron chin.

Somepeople are born with a couple things that can give you an iron chin, one is a sightly thicker skull, like a 1/4" I believe. The other is an extra jaw muscle ( I was blessed with this one, makes it a real bitch when the dentist has to stick a needle in it, lol, he basically has to hammer it in and it hurts like hell.)

The biggest factor is seeing the shot coming and being able to brace for it as well as roll with it though. It doesn't take much to KO someone if they don't see it coming.
Always refreshing to see a comment where someone genuinely knows what they’re talking about, at least I think lol, thanks man

Willem DaFoe looks like he would have been hard to KO in pugilistic sports.

Always refreshing to see a comment where someone genuinely knows what they’re talking about, at least I think lol, thanks man

Haha, thanks and no problem.

Back