Does anyone actually like Covington?

Colby is an alpha male. Handsome, jacked, rich. Reminds me of myself actually. Also happens to be one of the greatest fighters on the planet, and the new face of the UFC. Is fucking hot bitches on the reg. Don't be jealous. Realize that you are just a pathetic hater and start appreciating a true gangster when you see one.

somehow i have never seen colby fight; unless you count werdum

anyone have a highlight video of colby's fights?

I thought he was undefeated but apparently he lost to Wharlley Alves?
<FookIsThatGuy>

I respect his fighting ability, and the persona doesn't bother me because of how transparent and tongue-in-cheek it is. I mean, he's just playing a character, and he honestly doesn't seem to be taking it too seriously himself.

I thought he was undefeated but apparently he lost to Wharlley Alves?
<FookIsThatGuy>
Warlley is pretty legit. He has wins over Jouban (albeit the controversial decision, I'll just say that), Taleb and Colby and all 3 of those in a row. He then had an odd as fuck, lethargic performance against Barberena and afterwards got outgrappled by Usman. I would say he's underrated regardless of his losses.

Only 27 years old, too.

I'm a fan of any fighter that stirs the pot a bit.

MMA has become a sport where personalities matter. While I love the early years of MMA which was really just about the fights and fighters, I've come to appreciate the diversity of the fighters schticks. Mind you, I'm not a fan of Twitter beefs etc, but watching fighter interviews with the Diaz brothers, Brock Lesnar, Conor etc is entertaining at times. And if they can manage to back it up and put on great fights at the same time, then win win, no?

I appreciate the effort hes putting in to get noticed and further his career, it's obviously very abrasive but it's what he's familiar with.. remember he is around a pro wrestling atmosphere constantly... so the heel persona obviously rubbed off on him. the same as someone trying to act hood or gangster when all they do is listen to the music.

he's putting it all on the line because I don't think he this current gimmick can handle taking a loss this early on.

The fight will be more entertaining to watch now much more than if he was just another 'happy to be here, working hard and ready for my next opponent' type of competitor.

ill take covingtons lame schtick over tyrones victimhood ass anyday.

Imagine if Colby wins the interim title and gets to fight Tyron later this year. The pre-fight media alone would be enough to crash this board.

Imagine if Colby wins the interim title and gets to fight Tyron later this year. The pre-fight media alone would be enough to crash this board.

tyrone would duck the fight after whining and complaining that this fight is being made because he's black.

C2 is the most popular active fighter in MMA now. Fact. One thread mentioning him and the virgins and nerds come pouring in posting a 100,000 word essay, call in to work sick and take sick leave to tell us how much they could care less about him <Lmaoo>

I simply find him off-putting. I don't think he's able to rile people up the way someone like conor is (obviously conor is an extreme example but it gets the point across). I just don't have any investment, really. I like rda, so I'm rooting for him to win. It's like, I disapprove of how he's trying to get noticed but, at the same time, he's so bad at it, I just don't care lol

I think the Connie Kids will jump onto his bandwagon.

Given his outspokenness towards Brazilians. It makes me wonder what might possibly come out of his mouth about black people, if anything.

buncha beta dweeb embattled white guys like him cuz 'he tells it like it is' or some gay shit like that. far as i can tell anyways

I don't care for people who pretend to be somebody they're not, especially one that is really atrocious at pretending like he is. I get embarrassed for the dummy.

Colby is an alpha male. Handsome, jacked, rich. Reminds me of myself actually. Also happens to be one of the greatest fighters on the planet, and the new face of the UFC. Is fucking hot bitches on the reg. Don't be jealous. Realize that you are just a pathetic hater and start appreciating a true gangster when you see one.
Rich ? Lmao his last fight he made 83 k which was less then machida brunson maia trinaldo Jim miller and thiago Santos. But I guess that's no surprise being generally a fight night TV fighter .At least he gets a night on ppv before he heads back to TV fights.

Back