Does anyone else thinks Nate the Great Marquardt would be champ today in his prime

Butcher101

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
170 I think he would be champ and don't really see why he couldn't at 185

no. he's in that list of fighters who should have been great, but never seemed to make out just right. same with jon fitch/dennis kang/chael sonnen/etc

giphy.gif

Highly doubtful. Good fighter but notoriously inconsistent when facing top tier fighters.

you know, that makes me wonder what happened to tyson griffin

Well I guess I must be crazy .
He did ko the champ tho

giphy.gif

bN9FCh6.gif

Tekken Combo Marquardt could absolutely be champion.
He KO'd both the current champion and current #1 contender at 170.

He's been fighting professionally for 18 years people. Give him a break.

Last edited:
Well he's certainly had a little bit of success against the two guys fighting for the title.

That last uppercut on Woodley as he's falling down KO'd was pure evil

Yes. Just so long as Ricardo Almeida, Anderson Silva, Thales Leites, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, Tarec Saffiedine, Jake Ellenberger, Hector Lombard, Brad Tavares, Kelvin Gastelum, Thiago Alves, Sam Alvey and Vitor Belfort aren't around and in their prime too...Oh yea, and mma math doesn't fucking work. We get that he beat Woodley and Maia, let it go.

Yes. Just so long as Ricardo Almeida, Anderson Silva, Thales Leites, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, Tarec Saffiedine, Jake Ellenberger, Hector Lombard, Brad Tavares, Kelvin Gastelum, Thiago Alves, Sam Alvey and Vitor Belfort aren't around and in their prime too...Oh yea, and mma math doesn't fucking work. We get that he beat Woodley and Maia, let it go.
INHIS PRIME… He fought a lot of these guys past his prime

no. he's in that list of fighters who should have been great, but never seemed to make out just right. same with jon fitch/dennis kang/chael sonnen/etc

Came in here to post something similar.

I don't think so. Always a UFC contender never UFC champion.

170 I think he would be champ and don't really see why he couldn't at 185
No. He was a solid contender back in the late 2000's, but he was never champ material. Not to mention he's pissed hot a couple of times.

Back