Does anyone have a prenuptial agreement?

HatchetHarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these? I was thinking of going to talk to a lawyer regarding one of them. We are both looking at pretty similar pay scales but I’ll be inheriting money which I have heard if it’s “co-mingled” they could go after meaning if inherited assets are in the same account the mortgage comes out of its fair game.

Considered it briefly but instead I decided to hide my money.

hqdefault.jpg

Considered it briefly but instead I decided to hide my money.

My one friend does this. He makes around 300k/year ER Doc and puts away 3 or 4 $20 gold eagles each month in his dads safe deposit box. He has been doing it for 10 years and has over half a million in gold stashed away.

Nope...

But I know a guy who did. They are still going through divorce court

My one friend does this. He makes around 300k/year ER Doc and puts away 3 or 4 $20 gold eagles each month in his dads safe deposit box. He has been doing it for 10 years and has over half a million in gold stashed away.

My wife has funds stashed away as well that I know very little about. We came to a "mutual" agreement a year after our wedding that we needed to separate everything. We have a joint account we use for bills and the kids college funds. It was a point of contention early but now it gives us both some peace of mind...in hindsight it's benefited her more than me.

I broke up with my ex-gf. That's kind of like a prenup that says you don't get shit and leave me the fuck alone.

Does anyone have one of these? I was thinking of going to talk to a lawyer regarding one of them. We are both looking at pretty similar pay scales but I’ll be inheriting money which I have heard if it’s “co-mingled” they could go after meaning if inherited assets are in the same account the mortgage comes out of its fair game.

Yes but it's more of a verbal agreement.
She's agreed that, in case of a divorce, she won't be going after my money and I've agreed that I won't feature in some future episode of Forensic Files.

I just don't get married and keep all my money in my own account

God no. My wife earns more than me, has inherited more than me and is doing great. I got a £14,000 car and a £320,000 house neither of which I bought (probably paid 60 towards house).

I am today fine with us just being married with zero prior arrangements <PlusJuan>

I might get a motorcycle!

My wife's family has 10 times more money than what's left of mine. Her dad is counting on me to manage money after he's gone.

Yes but it's more of a verbal agreement.
She's agreed that, in case of a divorce, she won't be going after my money and I've agreed that I won't feature in some future episode of Forensic Files.

man, if you guys split i hope its amicable

a verbal agreement doesn't mean shit if you end up in court anyway

whats she gonna do? take my comics?

Ive heard that a prenup doesnt really mean shit and often the judge will just throw it out....which is both shocking and disgusting to me

Tbh I think prenuptials are a dick move. Nothing like a legal don't fuck with my money to foster the trust necessary for a successful healthy relationship.

People who get prenuptials are completely missing the point of marriage.

If you don't want to share your life don't get fucking married you WEAK son of a bitch.

Only casual mma fans get prenups

Back