Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real?

UFC 1-14 and Ultimate Ultimate 95 and 96 were as real as it could get. 16 shows total. It was getting away from the fighting and becoming a sport after each show but still it was close. Along with UFC 15 it's become more of a sport than fighting.

It's real know unless you want street fights or skilled VS non-skilled guys. Fighters are more skilled than ever before. They are more familiar with the varies forms of fighting that can be thrown at them. From a defensive standpoint you just see as many of the simple losses like you used to see due to guys not knowing what was happening to them and how to get out.

98E2E9CE-486C-49BD-B67A-97DABA6B920F.jpeg

Headbutts.

It forced people to behave differently when in a tight clinch, Royce threw a few good ones against the fence line and Coleman literally relied on it with a great deal of success.

Used sparingly, it made the guard or being inside the guard, a whole new ballgame.

The early ufcs were actual fighters and martial artists. Everyone nowadays is an athlete that’s good at everything.

Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real than the current watered down, pacified UFC with all the fake WWE, social media drama?

Lol at these Conor fans getting all mad because Khabib is doing it

Didnt see you complain when Conor was the one doing it

;)

Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real than the current watered down, pacified UFC with all the fake WWE, social media drama?

I've been out of action for a couple of weeks and I decided to start UFC from scratch again, have to say I'm enjoying rewatching these for the umpteenth time more than I do most new events.

It was definitely more raw and real than it is now .The opening line in Bill Wallace's introduction during UFC 1 to kick off all of UFC's legacy he burps on mic and calls it the Ultimate Fighting Challenge.

Yes, and it was blacked out by cable companies, under scrutiny by politicians, and nearly banned.
But it was for real!

The early ufcs were actual fighters and martial artists. Everyone nowadays is an athlete that’s good at everything.
They are more fighters today. Today they live to fight, train every day to fight. Ufc1 guys didnt do that.

I kind of miss a man trying to prove his technique or art was the most effective. IMO it added to the authenticity when you had a fighter’s technique as San Soo Kung Fu for example. We all know better today yet back then it was a segment of mystery.

Smiley11-1.gif~c200

Guy, go and play with your UFC gloves stop pestering.

Todays martial arts in the western understanding can't be compared to ancient warriors not even close.

Today is just a sport if that.............. in past they trained the body to be like an "IRON BAR"!

Go keep arguing if you like.................

AjarScaredImago-size_restricted.gif

They had bar fighters that took a two week course get get their black belt in TKD. The original UFCs were the worst. Just a commercial for gracie JJ

I kind of miss a man trying to prove his technique or art was the most effective. IMO it added to the authenticity when you had a fighter’s technique as San Soo Kung Fu for example. We all know better today yet back then it was a segment of mystery.

To mbad the UFC never invited or accepted the true masters of their arts back then.

They are more fighters today. Today they live to fight, train every day to fight. Ufc1 guys didnt do that.
Today, they live to compete. Fighters were those Black Belts who would go full street fight during the Vale Tudo days...
Like Wallid vs Edson Carvalho for instance..

I like the added skillsets the newer guys have but have always admired the early shows (i started watching around ‘95). Being from that time, this was the first time it had been done so shit was raw no doubt.

Im still in favor of the super long round over short rounds however

:)......... Yeah there is always the human fallacy of those that think they are but really are producing nothing, but being a FRAUD!

No different than a bunch of..............

lo%C5%A1a-jabuka.jpg

Always a rotten one in the group!

Your point though................thats right no real substance to discuss at least to make good conversation its what we are here for, or at least work on your humor LoL

Unfortunately living in the modern century there are many false teachers just out to make money, maybe they had some martial art background, but with Youtubes, DVD's and letter box drops anyone can rip-off the local community with false claims and draw a crowd.

Its up to the individual to investigate the MA background and see if they are legit teachers.

Sad........... however my angle was Martial Arts history care to offer something?

LoL ... Next ://

Last edited:
Back