Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real?

Freakin unbelievable this guy!

51d09d6a3bb504185a0a1758c50d2a8a.jpg

MMA Master's of None........... with exception of a few!

60cd2b910d960c5c2cc043799cbe2275.jpg

dd968934d65b951c5f04356240e089c7.jpg

osensei-dojo.jpg

ip-man-with-yip-bo-ching-1950s.jpg

Do you even know who ^ they^ are............you are ignorant of Martial Arts!

You should be ashamed of yourself............. go do history study you poor lost soul!

End of discussion!

Respecting martial art teachers is important, but putting them on a pedestal to be worshiped is one of the most foolish things a practitioner can do.

1:

10,000 days = 27 years.

It's ludicrous to say that a practitioner needs 27 years to become an expert. Everyone has different learning curves. Some learns quicker than others. Jon Jones became the best at the age of around 23 and destroyed life long martial artists, such as Machida.

Also, it's not smart to devote 27 years to just one martial art such as Karate, which is very limited.

osensei-dojo.jpg

Aikido is majorly flawed, both in principle and practice. In short, they train techniques without sparring against opponents who would fight back, so they have no way of knowing whether their techniques would actually work.

Aikido is basically Judo without sparring to see what works and what doesn't.

Moral of the story: Don't idolize martial art masters. They're humans just like everyone else. Learn from them, see what works and what doesn't.

Same story with Aikido, more or less. Learn from the master, take what works, and discard what doesn't. Respect but don't idolize the masters.

Bruce Lee saw how flawed Wing Chun was in a real fight, so he started to incorporate all other fighting styles into his arsenal.

Last edited:
Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real than the current watered down, pacified UFC with all the fake WWE, social media drama?

Respecting martial art teachers is important, but putting them on a pedestal to be worshiped is one of the most foolish things a practitioner can do.
1:

10,000 days = 27 years.

It's ludicrous to say that a practitioner needs 27 years to become an expert. Everyone has different learning curves. Some learns quicker than others. Jon Jones became the best at the age of around 23 and destroyed life long martial artists, such as Machida.

Also, it's not smart to devote 27 years to just one martial art such as Karate, which is very limited.

osensei-dojo.jpg

Aikido is majorly flawed, both in principle and practice. In short, they train techniques without sparring against opponents who would fight back, so they have no way of knowing whether their techniques would actually work.

Aikido is basically Judo without sparring to see what works and what doesn't.

Moral of the story: Don't idolize martial art masters. They're humans just like everyone else. Learn from them, see what works and what doesn't.

Same story with Aikido, more or less. Learn from the master, take what works, and discard what doesn't. Respect but don't idolize the masters.

Bruce Lee saw how flawed Wing Chun was in a real fight, so he started to incorporate all other fighting styles into his arsenal.

I am so confused with some post's in this forum what are we really referencing though?

I get your point in the thread title UFC 1, but its a loaded question opening up so much, to much I guess.

I don't care really, just here for good chats but the arguments for case/opinion vary as long as a piece of string with no respect for anything or relevance to substantiate based on historical facts.

Those guys were either street fighters, military soldiers and masters of their day, I don't worship them but acknowledge their skill, I mean surely I must be making some sense here gosh!

Do you need martial art training to kill someone no, do you need martial art training to punch someone in the face no, do you need it even for Pro UFC fighting no, that has become obvious where so many can't even throw correct punches.

Is it all watered down............ absolutely ...."YES"!

Its entertainment sport a business....... its not ancient battle by far.........just a show, nothing else!

There is so much ignorance and absurd teachings and practices the old masters would laugh their heads off, I mean reading threads like this.......... http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/strikers-dropping-hands-today.3861769/#post-146485771

Oh boy where are the real coaches and masters, its kinda teaching anything goes, is okay.......LoL

A trained Martial Artist at high rank will blast through someone, but those guys never come out they respect what they have learned and mastered........UFC is not for them they walk a different path!

But surely putting in the right training and conditioning is going to be of great help.

Last edited:

I am so confused with some post's in this forum what are we really referencing though?

I get your point in the thread title UFC 1, but its a loaded question opening up so much, to much I guess.

I don't care really, just here for good chats but the arguments for case/opinion vary as long as a piece of string with no respect for anything or relevance to substantiate based on historical facts.

Those guys were either street fighters, military soldiers and masters of their day, I don't worship them but acknowledge their skill, I mean surely I must be making some sense here gosh!

Do you need martial art training to kill someone no, do you need martial art training to punch someone in the face no do you need it even for Pro UFC fighting no, that has become obvious where so many can't even throw correct punches.

Is it all watered down............ absolutely "YES"!

There is so much ignorance and absurd teachings and practices the old masters would laugh their heads off, I mean reading threads like this.......... http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/strikers-dropping-hands-today.3861769/#post-146485771

Oh boy where are the real coaches and masters, its kinda teaching anything goes, is okay.......LoL

A trained Martial Artist at high rank will blast through someone, but those guys never come out they respect what they have learned and mastered!

But surely putting in the right training and conditioning is going to be of great help.

My bad if I came off as argumentative in my reply to your post :). I came from a TMA background and saw how a lot of people were mislead by the culture of worshiping martial art masters (I was one of those people), so I thought I point that out.

As for the question in the OP, I suppose it's vague, but the best that I can describe the early UFC fights were that they were simply as close to a real life hand-to-hand fight as possible with minimal interference of fighters cherry picking fights, promoters trying to influence the outcome of a fight by assigning corrupted refs who would break up the fights to favor a certain fighter, etc.

The level of competition was a fucking joke. So no.

This is kind of a dumb thread. There were no women fighting in the old days. Women fighting is real as it gets. They are extremely athletic, technical and strong.

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

In a 2001 radio interview Frank Shamrock predicted what MMA would become. He said that he and the rest of his generation were nothing compared to the fighters to come.

He brought up BJ Penn as an example of the future of MMA. He said BJ Penn would beat everyone...and that 10 years later every fighter will be well rounded and trained from youth in every style.

Personally, I think 2004 - 2010 was the most exciting time for mma

Back