Does anyone of you actually believes that PFL tourney winners will get their $1Ms?

Yeah I'm in, I believe them unless something happens to make me think otherwise

I don't think they're going to dish out $6 million in a single night. This entire format seems like it's trying to use the horribly flawed model of UFC 1 and make a 7 month tournament out of it. Guys have to win 2 fights in a single night during the "Playoff" round in October, and then be ready to fight for the championship at the end of December. No way in hell will this thing go down like they're thinking it will.... guys are going to miss weight, get injured, pull out for "reasons," pop for drugs, and this thing will fold. Not to mention it's going to be broadcast on NCBSN.. how many fucking people have that channel and even know this thing is happening? The first set of fights is suppose to happen in 2 months and there is no hype about it at all.

Not a chance. They keep abandoning provisions they were going to use like that fighters get a monthly stipend, they get a minimum of three fights, and that there are seven weight classes.

Now, no monthly payment to fighters, two fights if they're lucky, and only six weight classes now.

Needless to say, I am not optimistic.

I bet you it is something like how wwe did on tough enough with 1 million dollar prize. Inly get so much of it. And the rest have to wait a year while you're ass is on the chopping block

Why would so many fighters be so gullable to fall for it?

giphy.gif

I think they will get it.

Not is PFL still around come January 2020???? That's a whole nother question.

Why wouldn't they?
Imagine the law suits if not.

Why wouldn't they?

Well, we don't have access to their contracts. So we don't know what's written there and how. There are many possible legal holes - bankrupcy is an ultimate one.

Why wouldn't they?
I’m not an expert, but if they are out of money and file for bankruptcy, a lawsuit would yield nothing. You would simply be entitled to a piece of whatever little assets were left.

I’m not an expert, but if they are out of money and file for bankruptcy, a lawsuit would yield nothing. You would simply be entitled to a piece of whatever little assets were left.

Yeah but if you scam people you would want to make some money of it.
Just the set up venues, cages, advertisement and so on. That gotta be some huge costs.
They "risk" a lot of money up front. Will the TV-rights be there and will they be paid 100% up front?
Also IIRC you cant "fight" for free, some money must be put in escrow kinda. I think that promoters has to put some money with the AC, to make sure fighters are paid some what for their fights.

I just think its a weird way to do a scam.
If a scam is what they intend, but going bankrupt because they are optimist's and shit failed.. Sure THAT I believe could very well happen. I find their model to be weird.

Oh well.. lets wait and see :)

There was a report a while back, iirc it was files release in court, outlining their financial situation... in short, they are hemorrhaging money.

Ali probably wouldn't have his guys in there if there wasn't a payout. He reps a bunch of the Russian fighters, and has insider info on PFL's financials. He likely knows they have the money for this season at least. If he pulls his guys from the next season, then watch out.

The format is interesting but couldn't they just use the $6mil + whatever else they are paying out and just grab top notch fighters and do even better?

Hell no lol.

FEG/Dream made similar promises and still owe fighters money til this day, and they were way bigger than whatever PFL is. And that was back in what? 2010-11?

Mark Lerner, the majority owner of the Washington Nationals, Mark Burnett the producer and president of MGM Television and Digital, Ted Leonsis, the majority owner of the Washington Wizards and Washington Capitals, music and film producer Jimmy Iovine and others all have a stake in the PFL’s success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ghters-and-sponsors-see-the-sport-of-mma/amp/

I don’t know how long they will last but for this season I dont see any issues with $$$ with this big players on board

Ali probably wouldn't have his guys in there if there wasn't a payout. He reps a bunch of the Russian fighters, and has insider info on PFL's financials. He likely knows they have the money for this season at least. If he pulls his guys from the next season, then watch out.

I agree! Ali is probably the most powerful agent in the mma scene right now and has a bunch of his fighters lined up in This season

lmao no

those payouts are as real as ONE FC's planned scheduled events

Back