Does anyone still not accept Tyron as a great?

He had a great performance last night, but far too many close fights to be considered a "great" at this moment.

Being a 4x defending UFC WW champ makes you great. Maybe not GOAT, but great is apt.

Yeah. The man isn't too shabby at all. A race baiting cry baby, but def a great fighter as well

I'd rather him fight Usman. They just stripped Colby, so it'd make more sense to make him work his way for another shot.

Colby is the “money” fight. He deserves the shot and the promotion is what you want. The winner of that fight will be a big draw.

I don't believe he is a great! His last three fights before Till were complete and utter dog shite.

He’s definitely great!....but one of “the greats” I don’t know yet ? Few more big wins and finishes like last night and were talkin. He’s always gonna be pretty un popular IMO. Which is kinda why I’m starting to like him more lol

He doesn’t even need finishes for me. But he definitely needs more than one fight as champion in which he is clearly the better fighter. Other than last night, as champion, he’s fought to one draw, one split decision, one unanimous decision in which he absolutely refused to engage. All of his fights left us with the knowledge that if he was better than the other guy, it was only barely and with the impression those guys could potentially beat him on any given night.
Say what you want about gsp but there was never any doubt after his fights as to who the better fighter was. Before he took over, Hughes was the same way. He didn’t squeak by on split decisions and draws. He dominated until gsp took it from him.

He had a great performance last night, but far too many close fights to be considered a "great" at this moment.
Winning and defending a belt in 2018 when the game is at is all time peak at welterweight in terms of skilled fighters isnt enough? He also needs more 1st rds KOs? I think him defending + all the fighters he beat on the way to the belt should include him in the talks for sure.

I don't believe he is a great! His last three fights before Till were complete and utter dog shite.
Isnt winning at the highest level possible enough? Were not judging greats by the entertaintment value of the fights... are we?
1 of the dog shit fights was FOTN btw..

<mma4>
He doesn’t even need finishes for me. But he definitely needs more than one fight as champion in which he is clearly the better fighter. Other than last night, as champion, he’s fought to one draw, one split decision, one unanimous decision in which he absolutely refused to engage. All of his fights left us with the knowledge that if he was better than the other guy, it was only barely and with the impression those guys could potentially beat him on any given night.
Say what you want about gsp but there was never any doubt after his fights as to who the better fighter was. Before he took over, Hughes was the same way. He didn’t squeak by on split decisions and draws. He dominated until gsp took it from him.
I concur !

Winning and defending a belt in 2018 when the game is at is all time peak at welterweight in terms of skilled fighters isnt enough? He also needs more 1st rds KOs? I think him defending + all the fighters he beat on the way to the belt should include him in the talks for sure.
It’s not a matter of first round KOs, but more of having decisive victories over your opponents. Woodley lacks consistency in this area, and only a fraction of his fights surrounding (and since) his title win are elite shows of dominance.

What kind of “talks” should he be included in? Certainly you’re not referring to GOAT talks...

Wrecked the hyped up 25 yo stud to add to his great resume of Lawler, Wonderboy, Maia, Condit, Gastelum etc, he also outstruck the striker.

He truly is... the BLM Chosen One.
he's very, very good.

i would argue that eking by Wonderboy twice does not make him far and away the best of his era. similar to Benson Henderson eking out so many wins doesn't make him a great, even if he had more title defenses that other LW greats (does he? i don't know).

still #3 at best behind GSP & Hughes. all he needs now is a few years & 5+ more victories to move up.

and there is absolutely no shame in being right behind GSP & Hughes. anyone who takes my comments as negative aren't thinking clearly.

Tyron is a great fighter I agree, no where near GSP though

Colby is the “money” fight. He deserves the shot and the promotion is what you want. The winner of that fight will be a big draw.
I just haven't been impressed with Covington. He runs his mouth like a poor man's Chael, but it all comes off as phoned in. Beyond that, he's barely worth mentioning on the feet. His ground game is just fast paced smothering like Fitch. Usman on the other hand at least has power.

He's a clear cut top 5-10 all-time WW, and the second-best of this era

GOAT talk is about 6 title defences premature

I just haven't been impressed with Covington. He runs his mouth like a poor man's Chael, but it all comes off as phoned in. Beyond that, he's barely worth mentioning on the feet. His ground game is just fast paced smothering like Fitch. Usman on the other hand at least has power.

Colby is a poor mans Chael, but he is the best we got. He will sell the fight and if Tyron plays it right he can catapult himself into one of the companies top draws.

Back