Does anyone think Conor vs FLoyd 2 will sell as well as their first?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I doubt they sell anywhere near 4m plus buys the first fight got.

The novelty is gone. Somebody has to pay Floyd 100m gauranteed. WHo's willing to take that risk?

Maybe they do a little over 2m buys.

With different rules, maybe. Like in an octagon, small gloves, etc..

Still won get the boxing purists imo. But is interesting, has my buy. 3m im guessing

Even if they get 2m its not a bad business at all lol
People act like if they cant get 4m buys, the event is gonna be a disaster

Idk. I think Floyd in MMA would be a next level freakshow though. Could be just as high. People actually getting to see Floyd getting his ass kicked for the first time.

not even close

there's no debate about whether or not it's a gimmick now in boxing, it was a total outclassing, and we know there was no actual beef so the trash talk would be extra forced, and it definitely wouldn't sell more in a less relevant sport if it was an MMA fight

so no. definitely, definitely no.

Even if they get 2m its not a bad business at all lol
People act like if they cant get 4m buys, the event is gonna be a disaster

its bad if FLoyds gauranteed purse is 100m and god knows how much for conor (last time it was 30m).

Idk. I think Floyd in MMA would be a next level freakshow though. Could be just as high. People actually getting to see Floyd getting his ass kicked for the first time.

I highly doubt FLoyd is going to fight in MMA rules. This is nothing more than a publcity stunt to generate interest.

It could be a modified rule set in a cage where you can only use hands but most likely it will just be boxing again.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-22-at-2.18.09-PM.png

The Champ-Champ does what the fook he wants!

<36>

Maybe.

If you were enough of an idiot to buy it the first time, I suspect you're still stupid enough to buy it the second time.

It's a weird world we live in nowadays. If something sucks, people will probably love it and buy the shit out of it.

If you actually think Floyd competes, you're stupid.

I hope glass shatters and Stone Cold comes running out and fucks Conor’s corny ass up.

Conor can fight, but he is corny as shit. It’s hilarious when he tries to crack jokes other than against Jeremy. What can you expect though? Most of these guys are not linguists.. They beat each other up and then try to drop knowledge.. lmao! I guess it’s working though. They’re relatively rich..

mma it would probably break the Ppv record. Purely because its fuckin crazy and the unknown.

Floyd really would have nothing to lose. He could hash out a crazy payout and a loss wouldn't do a great deal but prove he's not an mma fighter.
He still 50-0 as a boxer and at least he had the balls to do it.

If he won then wow and fuckin LOL

Last edited:
Should do the same as Mighty Mouse vs random jobber PPV numbers

mma it would probably break the Ppv record. Purely because its fuckin crazy and the unknown.

Floyd really would have nothing to lose. He could hash out a crazy layout and a loss wouldn't do a great deal but prove he's not an mma fighter.
He still 50-0 as a boxer and at least he had the balls to do it.

If he won then wow and fuckin LOL

This, bias aside its no different than any other freak show fight. People tune in for the same reason they buy lotto..... it might happen.

Anyone that believes it will not break the ufc ppv record is delusional, you've doubled the target audience and have the what if factor. By the same token I think it has no chance but than again I have plenty of posts stating Conner mayweather 1 couldnt happen either...

With Mayweather's fragile hands does anyone really think he'd compete wearing 4oz. gloves? I was surprised he agreed to 8oz. gloves for the Mcgregor fight, and I don't see how he doesn't break them in 4ozers. And of course defensively the larger the glove the more it favors Mayweather.

And NO I don't think Mayweather even competes in the UFC. A UFC PPV wouldn't generate the same amount of revenue as a boxing match would (say 3.5M buys @ $50each = $175M + another $75M from the gate & cage sponsors and the total revenue before salaries, expenses, profit, overhead, etc. is less than half what the Pacquiao fight generated).

Mayweather earned something like $25M just on sponsors on his shorts, robe and caps for the McGregor fight. Is the UFC suddenly going to let Floyd have his own sponsors when they strictly forbid it for everyone else?

At $50 / each?

You think they'd sell it for $15 cheaper than the average UFC PPV?

lol

Even if it doesn't sell as well, i'd imagine it'd make more money than any other UFC event this year.

Back