does anyone use PS VUE?

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 391673

If you have PS4, do you use PS VUE for television channels?

It's not a bad deal. $40 a month gets you a bunch of channels, but one thing about it really bothers me for some reason. And that is the mandatory survey prompts that pop up for various events where a screen pops up and you are forced to choose [ 1. No Thank You, or 2. Let's Go. ]

It doesn't seem like it should be a big issue, but the fact that you can't dismiss the prompt without first taking their mandatory survey is annoying. I have to answer the survey question before gaining access to the content that I paid for. It makes me wonder if it is even legal...

Anyone else know what I am talking about?

It's okay not great. Load time isn't the best had it on PS3 and now PS4 once your connection it fine then yeah feels like regular cable, not ideal for changing channels .

I had it and loved it. Switched to direct tv now for the Apple TV 4K promo and I must say ps Vue is superior. The new version of direct tv now closed the gap though.

I had it and loved it. Switched to direct tv now for the Apple TV 4K promo and I must say ps Vue is superior. The new version of direct tv now closed the gap though.

Same. DTV Now needs a better interface and DVR functions. I like PS Vue, and honestly don’t miss cable TV at all. For some shows I have my parents log in info to watch on the respective app. So basically I miss nothing I had with cable and save $100 bucks a month.

How did you feel about the mandatory survey questions on whether you will be watching a special event or not? Or did they not do that before when you were using it?

The other thing I noticed though is the software update they did for the "TV" section.

It used to be that you can keep Hulu, Netflix, Youtube buttons on your main page and access them easily at any time. Now they've updated it so you can only access those programs by going to the TV Folder (which doesn't open via drop down but actually switches screens to a different program that has all multimedia services.) There is a slight delay/lag to this. PS VUE, however, can be kept as a button on the main page and actually does get automatically put into the main page section for easier access.

I think they redesigned the interface to specifically make users more prone to accessing PS VUE than other media services.

As for the survey thing you mentioned. I never have seen one. Then again I stream PSVue through Apple TV.

I had it a couple times and it seems fine. I got rid of it because I just plain never watch anything that isn’t on demand.

When they are experiencing ddos attacks on PSN, you can't watch anything, right?

I had it a couple times and it seems fine. I got rid of it because I just plain never watch anything that isn’t on demand.

it has an on-demand option now

When they are experiencing ddos attacks on PSN, you can't watch anything, right?

i'm not sure i've actually had this happen yet.

It's fine. It was irritating when they dropped all Viacom channels. The DVR only keeps things saved for I think 4-8weeks, then they remove it, but when I can afford it, I use the hell out of it.

Back