does being "tough" in general mean the ability to inflict damage or to be able to take it?

mmaelitefan000

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
i think being tough really means being able to take bullshit and drama not being affected by it compared to some pussy or insane punk pulling a trigger. im done w/my liquor. gonna go eat and will respond 2mmorow. another day another pay!!

I miss the days of people
calling each other TUF noobs.
<2>

512NNBJBQ9L.jpg

The ability to inflict damage makes you dangerous, not tough.

The ability to take damage/suffer hardship (physical + mental) and keep moving forward, makes you tough.

It means when another man slaps you, you can't just take it, so you do what you gotta do and take out a chainsaw to hack off his fucking arm.

Momma didn't raise no bitch.

Toughness is the ability to endure, as others have stated.

Toughness is the ability to Take damage.
Not to be confused with Chin, which is the ability to absorb impact on the chin, preventing a concussion.
Not to be confused with Endurance, which is the ability of the body to operate on limited resources.
Not to be confused with Heart, which is the ability to push past you're body telling you to give up.
Not to be confused with Spirit, which is the ability to push yourself forward regardless of the odds.
Not to be confused with WIll, which is the ability to maintain resolve in the face of danger.
Not to be confused with Grit, which is the ability to keep composure while wounded.

Taking damage and not relenting for sure.

I think there is a difference between being tough (defensive) and dangerous (offensive)

In material science, "toughness" is the ability to absorb energy and deform without fracturing, so the ability to take a beating is more important than the ability to dish it out.

If life were an RPG, I think a "tough" perk would give you more hitpoints.

Take it. That's why the song for jackass was perfect.

If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.

The older you get, the tougher you get. Milennials and under are just tender little morsels.

I'm tough as fuck.

Its how much you can take while being bad means how much you can give!!!!

Back