Does Beterbiev have a weak chin?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
That's the 2nd time he's been knocked down. I think he might have a weak chin.

I don't think his chin's particularly solid, but his insistence on showing zero defence when he's got someone hurt nearly cost him last night, & surely will again in the future.

He got knocked off balance and stumbled down. It's different than seeing someone's body give out.

He's got no defense, is the bigger issue.

Bad habbit of blocking punches with his face.

How does a head make a new thread? Does one need 1000 posts?

That was a big man trying to knock his head off with haymakers, give Beterbiev a little more credit. He got it done, and that was a kick ass fight.

the first knockdown that you are referring to (vs Jeff Page Jr) was a legitimate slip -- although it was incorrectly called a knockdown by the ref.
the second which happened last night was the real deal and he was definitely rocked.

as far as his chin; I think it's decent (7/10), certainly better than Kovalev's

nah I don't think so, he just has really bad defense.

Not great

Saw Him live a few years Ago, He fought Jeff Page Jr
(Journeyman level of fighter now)
Went down in the First with a weak punch.

This is the 100th thread about how bad a boxer’s chin is just because he got knocked down

Not really, he’s just negligent. Either way he touches the canvas when he shouldn’t and needs to tighten up. But I believe his problems can be solved with training and patience.

Not great

Saw Him live a few years Ago, He fought Jeff Page Jr
(Journeyman level of fighter now)
Went down in the First with a weak punch.
a punch that directly followed a forearm push, anyone can go down from that. He wasn't hurt and bounced up immediately.

defense is the bigger issue

glad he won tho. him and bivol on a collision course

I was high on him a while ago, but his age, inactivity and terrible promotional team means he may have wasted his best years.

I was high on him a while ago, but his age, inactivity and terrible promotional team means he may have wasted his best years.
He's tried to get away from his shit promoter but legally can't. Hopefully him holding a belt will get him another title holder soon.

That was a big man trying to knock his head off with haymakers, give Beterbiev a little more credit. He got it done, and that was a kick ass fight.
Much better then the other fight in Vegas between fellow UK and Dagestaner

Back