does Clomid really make you depressed?

Pied Piper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im about to start clomid and Nolvadex as part of a PCT regimen. never used Clomid before, just Nolva by itself. Ive read that when the 2 are stacked it allows for better recovery since they work together in a synergetic relationship.
However, Ive read many testimonials about people getting emotional and depressed while on clomid. not really looking forward to that. anyone have experience with this?

This is the first I've ever heard of it. I've read a lot about it and even used it a few times as a test booster.

Im about to start clomid and Nolvadex as part of a PCT regimen. never used Clomid before, just Nolva by itself. Ive read that when the 2 are stacked it allows for better recovery since they work together in a synergetic relationship.
However, Ive read many testimonials about people getting emotional and depressed while on clomid. not really looking forward to that. anyone have experience with this?

You need to understand the balance within the endocrine system, it does effect people in different ways.

I have tried clomid for a testosterone boost like CalebBeatdown, never had the side effects you stated, did feel a slight rise in sexual aggression...... Clomids half life is about a week, so it takes time to build up in your system, so it could be a bit of trouble if you do get side effects once you have achieved a loading dosage.

You should try enclomiphene instead of clomiphene then. Heard it works the same without the side effects of mood swings.

You need to understand the balance within the endocrine system, it does effect people in different ways.

I have tried clomid for a testosterone boost like CalebBeatdown, never had the side effects you stated, did feel a slight rise in sexual aggression...... Clomids half life is about a week, so it takes time to build up in your system, so it could be a bit of trouble if you do get side effects once you have achieved a loading dosage.
Im using it as part of a PCT. Ive read a few accounts of people saying it made them emotional and depressed

Man up.

You knew the consequences when you started doing a cycle.
And yes & no, everyone is different.

Man up.

You knew the consequences when you started doing a cycle.
And yes & no, everyone is different.
how am I supposed to man up when my testosterone is suppressed <Moves>

Test E, I will assume it's your first cycle with no prior and was at the lower end of the dosage range??

What dosage of Clomid and Nolva are you running for your 4 weeks?

Test E, I will assume it's your first cycle with no prior and was at the lower end of the dosage range??

What dosage of Clomid and Nolva are you running for your 4 weeks?
My 7th cycle. Never used clomid before. Just toremefine and nolvadex. Im not sure if sharing pct dosages is against the rules but

The clomid 75mg week 1 then 50 for 3 weeks
Nolva 40mg week 1 then 20 for 3 weeks

My 7th cycle. Never used clomid before. Just toremefine and nolvadex. Im not sure if sharing pct dosages is against the rules but

The clomid 75mg week 1 then 50 for 3 weeks
Nolva 40mg week 1 then 20 for 3 weeks

To be honest you should be fine but why are you not using your previous protocol if it works???

To be honest you should be fine but why are you not using your previous protocol if it works???
Ive read that clomid brings You back better, but can make some people Emotional/depressed while on

Brings you back better, how?

Please explain.
Nolvadex and toremefine help block estrogens while clomid not only does that, but also boosts natural testosterone, which is suppressed when taking exogenous testosterone

Via wiki:
"Clomifene is sometimes used in the treatment of male hypogonadism as an alternative to testosterone replacement therapy. It has been found to increase testosterone levels by 2- to 2.5-fold in hypogonadal men."

Nolvadex and toremefine help block estrogens while clomid not only does that, but also boosts natural testosterone, which is suppressed when taking exogenous testosterone

Via wiki:
"Clomifene is sometimes used in the treatment of male hypogonadism as an alternative to testosterone replacement therapy. It has been found to increase testosterone levels by 2- to 2.5-fold in hypogonadal men."

Okay but have you ever had problems with your previous PCT regarding your own ability to manufacture testosterone?

Are you doing any blood work before and after PCT?

I suggest that you check your hormone levels off cycle and then after cycle and then after PCT.

Back