Does Dan Henderson's two Pride Belts hold more value than UFC's Dual Champs?

But not for the belt.

When he won the belt, the #1 lineal MW was NOT Bustamante at that time either

This is in context of the legitimacy of his belts.

Since he did not beat the number one ranked lineal middleweight for the belt then his middleweight belt is illegitimate.

This isn't about his resume

You're the only one trying to push a narrative. It's unreal to me how people will still argue even when blatantly wrong

But Aldo was just given the UFC belt and never actually beat anyone to become champion so how can he be the Lineal champion?

There is no legit champion at 145 because Aldo was gifted a title he never fought anyone for rendering it meaningless.

( In the opinion of morons anyway, not sure if you've ever been involved in this ridiculous debate before but I hope not or you just
I've never seen that argument. People really say that shit?

Yeah, lol, several. I've engaged in this argument more times than I'd like to admit unfortunately

Silva wasn't nearly at his peak at that time...his submission defense was sucky. and rampage used to take fights on very short notice. once they got to the ufc, their true talent came out...

So as soon as they fought with the letters UFC behind them all the sudden they became legit?

The point is both had been competing in the sport long before joining the UFC and saying Hendo got beat by them because he had only been beating "non UFC caliber" compitition is retarded. Especially since so many guys coming from the same organizations he did (Strikeforce/Pride) won UFC gold.

I guess it depends on the age group your asking

Absolutely not...he couldn't beat one ufc champion...so that tells you right there, that his competition in pride was much less than in the ufc...why else did he lose his 2 opportunities? It's great he was a big fish in a little pond...but in the ocean, he was just another fish.

Wins over former UFC champs Bisping, Vitor, Rua, Franklin, Nog don't count ?

By the time he came back to the UFC for a third time he was very late 30's with enough fights to retire on. Had he been a bit younger with a little less wear, I'm sure he would of been a bit more consistent.

Dan Henderson went 13-5.

He won the WW tournament in 2005, but the 2006 WW champion was Mizaki.

He got his shot against a Wanderlei (that wasn't really doing great lately either) after a victory against Belfort (that was still with his mind out of the game because of his sister).

The PRIDE rules were modified in the states, taking away some violent Wanderlei weapons, like knees or soccer kicks to downed opponents. Still, Hendo played by the rules and scored a great KO. But at that time, he wasn't WW champion anymore.

Not a fan of Conor or BJ but hell no. Its harder to be 2 division champ in UFC than it was in PRIDE, no matter what proid fanboys say

Absolutely not...he couldn't beat one ufc champion...so that tells you right there, that his competition in pride was much less than in the ufc...why else did he lose his 2 opportunities? It's great he was a big fish in a little pond...but in the ocean, he was just another fish.

hahaha you must have missed he lost yout unification against rampage, another former pride fighter.
therefore your comment "so that tells you right there, that his competition in pride was much less than in the ufc" is either uniformed or stupid because IT WAS THE SAME COMPETITION in this case
<36>

Back