Does GLORY need to make a video game?

JustinvR

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you think GLORY needs to get a video game in order to get more popularity?
Alot of people have become MMA and UFC fans because of the MMA video games, same with Boxing getting fans due EA Fight Night.
If GLORY would have a video game it could definitely become more popular if the game sells well, but it might not sell good because they aren't a very well known organisation. So what do you think? Should they get a video game in order to boost popularity or wouldn't that work since GLORY isn't as mainstream yet like other sports or organisations?

I think a glory(or any kickboxing) game would be fun, like EA fight night but with kicks and knees :).

There was a k1 game on ps2 i played. Graphics and gameplay were not great but it was fun to play with friends. I liked that you could ko somebody before the health bar ran out.It had potential.

You make video game by selling your "brand". (See K1 game and UFC game)
If you are not famous enough then look at EA mma which sells way fewer than UFC game.
And with the current "standard" of games with the release of new generation console,
if you don't have enough money to improve the graphic to be on par with the
newest version of UFC game then you are pretty done for.
(Not to mention investing money on advertising and all kind of stuff)

So yeah, I think it is going to be a disaster if they try to make a video game.

They need more superstars first. Competition was way more stacked in the golden K-1 times.

They need more superstars first. Competition was way more stacked in the golden K-1 times.
This why Hari could have been useful. Too bad he has to assault half of the people he comes a cross like a rabid animal.

There was a k1 game on ps2 i played. Graphics and gameplay were not great but it was fun to play with friends. I liked that you could ko somebody before the health bar ran out.It had potential.

I remember that one too. It was pretty fun even without having the best graphics and gameplay.

I would play it. Even if it's graphics and stuff aren't up to scratch

You make video game by selling your "brand". (See K1 game and UFC game)
If you are not famous enough then look at EA mma which sells way fewer than UFC game.
And with the current "standard" of games with the release of new generation console,
if you don't have enough money to improve the graphic to be on par with the
newest version of UFC game then you are pretty done for.
(Not to mention investing money on advertising and all kind of stuff)

So yeah, I think it is going to be a disaster if they try to make a video game.

Well put, nothing to add.

I really hope they do make the game. I left a post on GLORY Facebook's wall with a video of K-1 WGP for the PS2 and they liked it. Here are my 3 favorite Kickfighting games and I hope they combine the best aspects of these 3 games to make a killer Kickboxing game

Taekwondo Super Famicom

K-1 Grand Prix Playstation

K-1 World Grand Prix Playstation 2

I would buy a GLORY game if it came out. For those interested check out this thread
"Kickboxing" videogames that you may never heard of

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f42/kickboxing-videogames-you-may-never-heard-1664175/

I would love a Glory game. I still play the k1 and pride ps2 games every couple of months. If it was actually good it could really help sell the brand as there are millions of fighting game fans. If konami or yukes made the game it would be a sure hit and could also help launch Glory in japan

Last edited:
I tweeted them last year about it and they said they were going to look into it

I would love a GLORY game. I would run out and buy a PS4 or X-Box One just for it. I loved the K-1 games back in the day.

Back