Does it seem like Chuck will beat Tito even if...

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Chuck's in a wheelchair? I think no matter how good Tito looks now and whatever Chuck looks like, Tito can't beat Chuck. You can tell Tito has a mental block and any version of Chuck will son him.

I see another embarrassing TKO loss by Tito and it will be an ugly ass fight too. It'll be like watching your dad and grandfather in a drunken backyard fight.

Boring fight. Cyborg would KO both these bums.

That mental block is gone, Chuck is noke joke with them hands but dude, Tito buries him.

Chuck will score a KO and then call out Jon Jones ... mark my words

Tito is not that old man. lol

i like chuck
i hate tito
90% chance tito wins this fight

All Tito has to do is punch chuck once in the chin and it’ll be done. The only way I see chuck winning if he comes out swinging insanely and Tito curls up and gets kod.

Chuck has tito mentally whooped.

People are taking his purposely shit bag and mitt work seriously.

Chuck is coming for war.

All Tito has to do is punch chuck once in the chin and it’ll be done. The only way I see chuck winning if he comes out swinging insanely and Tito curls up and gets kod.
All Chuck has to do is punch Tito once in the chin and it'll be done. The only way i see Tito winning if he comes out swinging insanely and Chuck curls up and gets kod.

Chuck's only disadvantage is he hasn't fought as recently. But Tito looked like shit against Chael, so I'm not considering this disadvantage. They're both going to look like shit.

I bet a lot of money on Tito to win. The past couple of days, just for fun, I have rewatched all 29 of Chuck's career fights (yes, even the ones against Kenneth Williams and Steve Heath outside of UFC/PRIDE) starting with his debut against Noe Hernandez and ending with Rich Franklin.

It was both enlightening and nostalgic, and there were many things I picked up on.

For one, I didn't realize it as much at the time, but Tito Ortiz had a substantially better performance in the second fight against Chuck than the first. It's only 2 years difference, from 2004 to 2006, but Chuck is already slower in terms of reactions, movement, and handspeed. In the first fight, Chuck absolutely dominates Tito in every way imaginable, a completely one-sided beating. In the rematch, Tito is landing multiple leg kicks and some clean connects to the face, and briefly takes Chuck down when Liddell is a little slow in transitioning from a sprawl.

Even in the fight-ending KO sequence, Chuck starts with two shots that are blocked, being wide-open, and Tito hits him with a clean right hand counter that has Chuck momentarily stunned. Now Tito lacked punching power, and he foolishly didn't follow up that connect immediately, continuing his self-defeating fight strategy of only throwing one punch at a time.

That brief lapse allowed Chuck to respond with a barrage of punches, and by the time Tito started punching back himself, it was too late.

Still, Tito did a hell of a lot better than anyone who had seen him be embarrassed and decimated back in 2004 would have predicted. (Eddie Bravo even gave the second round to Tito, which is defensible)

Nowadays? Miracles can happen, of course, but Tito should be an overwhelming favorite.

This isn’t a legit fight. This is gonna be a glorified exhibition bout which sees Tito carry chuck to the final bell. This is about money nothing else. Tito is still in good shape and has been fighting lots. He also hasn’t been brutally knocked out like chuck. If Tito wants to he can finish this fight in an instant

Back