Does Kevin Lee beat Ferguson @ 170?

Same result.

No one can match Ferguson's pace, they all gas eventually.

Kevin Lee beats Ferguson as long as he's healthy.

How would anyone know?

Lee has never competed at 170.

Ferguson beats his ass at 125, 155, 195, 205, 213. It doesn't matter.

Give Kevin a winnable hypothetical.

Last edited:
Maybe in a 3 round fight without staph but by SD at absolute best

What is there to even go to say one way or the other? Both are naturally heavier than 155 and cut a shit load of pounds to get down to that weight, Ferguson just has a smarter/more disciplined way of doing it. I don't know if a jump up one weight class would make any difference at all except that they'd be a little heavier.

The fight I watched was super close before the submission, so I'd say based on their one meeting, it could probably go either way at any weight.

Kevin wins without staph.
I think the 20lb weight cut affected him more than staph. Theres a guy in every gym training with staph. Kevin was asymptomatic. If he was truly ill he would not be able to drop 20lbs in 48 hours. It would not be physically possible. He is not blaming staph for his weight cut or his performance. He said Tony taught him a lot of things. He dictated pace and is tougher than he even imagined. He said Tony would whoop Conor and that he's the real champion. He said nobody has ever shut him down using their guard except for Tony. He said he keeps his chin up but it's part of his game plan because he judges distance so well. He broke down all the things he did wrong in the fight and learned from. Not even Lee believes what you believe. He's a great fighter and he will get more title shots in the future though.

I just think Ferguson is a bad matchup for Lee.

If Conor's going to continue to bitch out, the only honorable thing the UFC could do is give us a Nate Diaz/Ferguson fight. I have a hard time seeing that not be a candidate for FOTY.

I think the 20lb weight cut affected him more than staph. Theres a guy in every gym training with staph. Kevin was asymptomatic. If he was truly ill he would not be able to drop 20lbs in 48 hours. It would not be physically possible. He is not blaming staph for his weight cut or his performance. He said Tony taught him a lot of things. He dictated pace and is tougher than he even imagined. He said Tony would whoop Conor and that he's the real champion. He said nobody has ever shut him down using their guard except for Tony. He said he keeps his chin up but it's part of his game plan because he judges distance so well. He broke down all the things he did wrong in the fight and learned from. Not even Lee believes what you believe. He's a great fighter and he will get more title shots in the future though.
You're right on. For once we have a fighter not making excuses for his loss, and everyone else is trying to make excuses for him. Once you step into the octagon, there are no excuses. No one is ever 100% in a fight.

The way people are talking about the fight being super close like that means a whole lot, make me wonder how many Ferguson fights they've actually watched....he's a notoriously slow starter and drown you in deep water once you can't handle his pace in the later rounds

Without the staph and weight cut to 55 (whatever effects it would have) I see Lee maybe making it to a decision....but with the same outcome

Ferguson is just better than Kevin.

Back