Does Lennox Lewis have the greatest HW resume?

I think Ali has a better resume. But in hypothetical fantasy all time tournament terms, Lewis would be my favourite to win the whole thing.

The brits claimed him when he had earned the right to call himself the best.
did they? I wouldn't know, bruno and cooper were and are beloved, back in the 80's the boxing mags used to say they only wanted loveable losers over there rather than a real winner, lewis proved that.

I think Ali has a better resume. But in hypothetical fantasy all time tournament terms, Lewis would be my favourite to win the whole thing.
no way, Ali in the sixties was not only mobile as hell, he was hard to hit and he could set a pace that no one can match, especially an oversized heavyweight. Lewis was smart though and would have made it interesting, probably try a lot of charging the young ali with not enough punches landed. Ali by decision, unanimous.

Top 3 anywhere you wanna put him just dont put him at #1

Liston, Patterson, Moore, Williams, Terrell, Fraizer, Ellis, Foster, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Young, Shavers

Seriously... Lewis record isn't even close to that.

Liston, Patterson, Moore, Williams, Terrell, Fraizer, Ellis, Foster, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Young, Shavers

Seriously... Lewis record isn't even close to that.
Nobody ever said his resume comes close to Ali. And btw, Lewis's size, skill level at that size, and power in both hands would tool any one of the guys you mentioned (minus Foreman). Most of them by KO. Shit there was even a discussion around here about Lennox and Ali splitting a 10 fight series down the middle...

Ali has gotta be at/near the top. Holyfield's is stronger than Lewis' because he fought more guys closer to their primes (as well as Bowe and Moorer who were both champs). Lewis is certainly worth mentioning. Joe Louis fought 8 champs though, and in a time when there was only one belt, that's worth mentioning. They talk about his bum of the month club (even though a lot of fighter's resumes aren't littered with A's all along the way), but at the end of his reign he was against some rough customers and in the early parts of his reign had some strong names in their too.

Still, Ali, Holyfield, and Lewis have some strong competition overall.

If only he had fought Wlad and won that would have given him a solid case for #1.

Back