Does Lomachenko remind anyone else of Calzaghe?

kensei

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was watching a documentary on Joe Calzaghe a few months ago, and couldn't help but think he and Lomachenko have similar characteristics. Am I out of my mind? Comments appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah, there are some basic similarities (both southpaws who apply pressure in fairly unique ways and generally rely on accumulation and volume), but it doesn't go much further than that. I think there are certain similarities between him and Aaron Pryor, actually, which may seem like a slightly strange comparison (mostly to do with how they use their footwork to set up angles). Canizales often gets mentioned as a comparable, as well. Lomachenko is a fairly unique fighter, though, so any comparison can only go so far.

Reminds me more of Khan with a better fight IQ.

Hells to the no. Calslappy couldn’t carry Lomachenko’s jock.

I was watching a documentary on Joe Calzaghe a few months ago, and couldn't help but think he and Lomachenko have similar characteristics. Am I out of my mind? Comments appreciated. Thanks!
How about you back up your claim with examples atleast.
Unless you're just expecting a yes or no answer to the thread title.
If so, then: No.

Yeah, he does though Joe had even higher punch output, Loma is a lot more skilled than Calzaghe

Honestly I am not even sure who reminds me of......

I don't think Pryor. Pryor was far more aggressive.

He almost reminds me of B-Hop in the 90's...like 96-98ish. When he was aggressive but starting to morph into the defensive fighter he later became

Who do you think would win in a street fight between Lomachenko and Dwayne Johnson?
I know its not a boxing match, but I think Loma would still punch Dwayne's teeth out.

Dwayne would really have to play it smart and take him down fast.
But imagine Dwayne has no clue who he is and tries to slap Loma around.

Lomachenko = Willie Pep + Roy Jones Jr hybrid with heaped tablespoons of Mike Tyson and a sprinkle of Calzaghe.
There's no better way to describe him.
This is your mind on drugs.

Who do you think would win in a street fight between Lomachenko and Dwayne Johnson?
I know its not a boxing match, but I think Loma would still punch Dwayne's teeth out.

Dwayne would really have to play it smart and take him down fast.
But imagine Dwayne has no clue who he is and tries to slap Loma around.
You know Lomachenko is the same size as Danny Devito, right?

I don't see that, at all.
Why? Throws tons of punches and is pretty slick when his mind is right. Khans a damn good boxer /fighter until he starts getting cocky.

Last edited:
Neither does anyone else.

Retarded comment.
You guys underestimate Khan because you don't like him.
Yeah, 2 fast footed, offensive minded fighters who win with workrate- no similarity.

He's more like Khan than anyone else he has been compared to here, stylistically.

No I don't really see any similarities between the two, Loma is too unique to be compared with any body imao

Back