Does ONE have the best weight cutting policy?Why doesn't UFC use this system?

Didn’t a ONE fighter die during a weight cut? Explains why they did it and others who haven’t had somebody under their banner die haven’t.

Thats ultimately what it will take for UFC or Bellator to make changes.

Many many many fighters have had serious life threatening problems cutting weight in the UFC someone doesn' need to die it's just common sense imo.

ONE has the best program by far tho am I right?

Didn’t a ONE fighter die during a weight cut? Explains why they did it and others who haven’t had somebody under their banner die haven’t.

Thats ultimately what it will take for UFC or Bellator to make changes.
Sadly, this is true.

Many many many fighters have had serious life threatening problems cutting weight in the UFC someone doesn' need to die it's just common sense imo.

ONE has the best program by far tho am I right?

Yes. It's fucking obvious that they have the best system. I have no idea why UFC is ignoring it.

All this talk about more weight classes, limiting the weight difference between weigh in and cage and bla bla bla

The solution is staring them in the face

http://www.garciamma.com/2015/12/23/one-fc-implements-new-weigh-in-rules-to-end-weight-cutting/

Seems like a very solid structured idea and UFC has the money and USADA to use to help implement it.

Crazy that a org not even 1 or 2 could conceive such a great idea.They had a fighter die and said never again!!!

Really hope this system catches on.
the UFC would have to push for it and get all the state ACs to agree to it. People from time to time talk UFC rules or UFC refs, but unified rules have to be adopted by individual commissions, it isn't like i'm guessing it is in One where they're the only ones doing it and get to make up their own rules.

UFC is supposed to be the standard.....

Yet even the new rules haven't been adopted by every state......(imo don' gold events in states not accepting new rules it' confusing to fighters switching rules)

UFC needs to adopt this system asap.

But then again bellator has better gloves and were willing to share the technology but UFC refused lol........

http://www.garciamma.com/2015/12/23/one-fc-implements-new-weigh-in-rules-to-end-weight-cutting/

Seems like a very solid structured idea and UFC has the money and USADA to use to help implement it.

Crazy that a org not even 1 or 2 could conceive such a great idea.They had a fighter die and said never again!!!

Really hope this system catches on.
I really like the system on paper, but I'm not sure that it is implemented 100% correctly. ONE has closed weigh ins, and it seems some of their bigger stars can operate under different rules.

There has been speculation that Angela Lee can't make weight under their rules, but due to her being a draw, it's been overlooked.

Back