does rdx have anything decent

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
there boxing gloves r garbage for sure but i was told there shinguards and hybrid mma gloves were pretty good quality a few mma ranking sites had there shinguards ranked up at top 3 or 4 after fairtex

I use some RDX hand wraps, that are pretty average.

Got some of their focus mitts. Too light and soft. Look pretty though...

what about there training mma gloves i might get a pair for a partner they cost bout 30 and look nice

First post here,have had to wait a couple of months from signing up to being granted access. :rolleyes:
My two girls and I train MMA in Northern NSW,and have a couple of RDX products. The headgear,I ordered because of the face cage so the girls get used to punches coming at them but protects them as well.I have seen different types of headgear over the years,and these are reasonable for the cost.Also use them for escrima training in adult sessions and the cage is excellent for this,but don't know how they would go with some full power strikes,but they stop some decent hits.They fit ok,are light enough and provide enough protection for when the girls and I are sparring.The velcro adjustment works and they ae easy to get on and off.

I have a pair of the shin guards,the T1 model and they are decent.They fit ok,are light,don't move around once on except on the foot now and then.An extra strap would maybe sort that,but all brands only have two.Use them once a week for about six months and they are holding up.My Sifu has a set of older Punch and they are shorter than RDX,and don't fit as good.RDX shin guards are IMO reasonable for the price.
I have a pair of their shorts for training and I can't fault them.Fit well,look ok and have shown no sign of wear in six months wearing twice a week.

I know many here want nothing to do with the brand,but I am just stating my opinion of them.Looking at their gloves online I wouldn't touch them.Although one of the 11yr old girls at training has a pair of the MMA gloves and they are decent enough for the price.Nowhere near the quality of my two girls Hayabusas and Venums,or my Venums for that matter,but ok and do the job for a kid.See a LOT of Neverlast gloves appear at training,but the RDX seem to be built better.

I am a single dad and there are times when I have to make decisions as to how much can be spent on what we need for training.Some things like the girls gloves I will spend a bit more,but the stuff I have from RDX fits the criteria of functional gear for a decent price and suits what we need.

Last edited:
I rock rdx shinguards for kickboxing sparring twice a week and their fucking great

I also used to use their gloves back in the day, 16 oz and never had any issues with them either

Back