Does Rich Franklin deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

yeah Ace was a solid fighter. and good champ. that ass whippin he laid on Louisaeu was cringeworthy.

I don't think so. Because if he should be in it so does 20-25 more people who achieved more than him...

Wouldn't "HOF" lose its meaning if there is that much people in there ? Just saying... The criteria should be way higher than what Rich Franklin has done in UFC...

Absolutely, and I'm not just saying that because I live in Ohio.

If im judging by true hof standards then no he doesnt get in. But if we are judging by ufc standards then yes he will get in. My thought on a hall of famer is if you have to think about it then you arent one.

As much as I like Rich and want to say yes I don't so. He was a really good fighter but only has two title defenses, which puts him in the same spot as a lot of other fighters who aren't in the HoF yet. Maybe down the line but not quite yet.

Here I thought TS was silly even bothering to make this thread.

Then you come along and post this silliness

Rich Franklin is going into HoF. There's no question if he is. (unless you suffer from mental silliness)

yes. one of the best mw's @ufc

No question in my mind that he belongs there. So what that he only had two title defenses? He lost his title to the greatest fighter in the history of the sport. His overall body of work inside the cage, his willingness to step up and take big fights on short notice, and his work outside of the ring as an ambassador of the sport, dropping knowledge on governing bodies to get MMA legalized in several states and countries, make him an absolute shoe-in for the HOF. I don't think people realize how much Rich has done for the UFC and MMA in general. He's the most under-appreciated man in the sport.

I don't think so. Because if he should be in it so does 20-25 more people who achieved more than him...

Wouldn't "HOF" lose its meaning if there is that much people in there ? Just saying... The criteria should be way higher than what Rich Franklin has done in UFC...

Multiple time defending champ, held his own against quality fighters in a higher weight class, great ambassador to the sport, etc. Sure-fire, first-ballot type of guy? No. But clearly did enough for the UFC to earn a spot.

He's basically Forrest but actually defended the title a few times. Popular company man who fought anyone and put on some great fights. Was always a top fighter. Of course.

Yeah, Franklin was pivotal in the success of the UFC during the make or break time, and unfortunately for him, had Silva in his division.

Back