Does Rich Franklin deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame?

Yes. A former champ who was the definition of a company man. One of the few with wins over Chuck and Wandy. Hell, Matt Serra is in. What more do you want?

I don't know but Anderson Silva put a Hall of Fame ass whooping on him twice.

What are your criteria for induction? He has two title defenses over guys who never made a serious impact in the sport (as much as I like Nate Quarry). He was a face of the UFC for a few years at the same time as Chuck Liddell. He was familiar to fans for a long time. Altogether, I don't think that's enough. Moderate popularity isn't a substitute for long-term achievement like Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz had.
They're putting Matt Serra in so every ufc champion should be considered if that's the bar.

Yes.

Even before I started following the sport closely, he was the "face" of the UFC when he fought back against the "human cockfighting" charges that was prevelent.

Specifically, I remember him on Bill O'Reilly over a decade ago pushing back against what a stereotypical MMA athlete was supposed to be.

After all, the guy has a masters and taught high school math. He was very articulate and caught Bill off guard.

Yes.

Even before I started following the sport closely, he was the "face" of the UFC when he fought back against the "human cockfighting" charges that was prevelent.

Specifically, I remember him on Bill O'Reilly over a decade ago pushing back against what a stereotypical MMA athlete was supposed to be.

After all, the guy has a masters and taught high school math. He was very articulate and caught Bill off guard.

^^^^THIS!
Couldn´t say it any better!

And Frank Shamrock should as well, for other reasons. But I think if Dana F. White has something to say about it, this will never happen.

Just wondering what people's thoughts on this are. The guy was a good champion and always a company man. He was a star during one of their most critically important eras. He has declined significantly in recent years but are his past contributions enough?

HELL YES. he should be a hofer long before matt serra. all matt serra best know for is one lucky punch.

Back