Does the heel hook need a new name?

LMAOOOOOOO OMG who are you guy? There are various ways to finish EVERY sub. Again, who taught you to heel hook? Toes under the armpit, gable tight against the achilles, and twisting your core is also the "right" way to do it.

I learned to heel hook from Chris Herzog. Sambo guy. I also enjoyed a seminar with Igor Yakimov. Sambo guy. There's more than one way to skin a cat homie. It's more about torquing the heel than crushing the achilles if you're trying to attack the knee ligaments. If you're twisting up toward your head you're more likely to break the ankle.

Who taught you?

Eddie Cummings.

I don't believe you! LOL. You mean you watched it on a video and now you think there's only one way.

Tell Ian Entwistle there's more than one way to finish a heel hook.

His UFC career basically went up in smoke cause he thought there was more than one way.

If he had fuckin' known fuckin' better - he would have had all three opponents out of there in 5 minutes or less.

Tell Ian Entwistle there's more than one way to finish a heel hook.

His UFC career basically went up in smoke cause he thought there was more than one way.

If he had fuckin' known fuckin' better - he would have had all three opponents out of there in 5 minutes or less.

How about tell Erik Paulson that there is only one way to finish a heel hook. FOH kid. Like I said, you basically watched a video and now think you know better than everyone in the history of heel hooks. One kid who clearly doesn't know how to heel hook and suddenly everyone's wrong. Guess what? Garry Tonon also failed at a few heel hook attempts in his most recent MMA fight. Does he not know how to heel hook? FOH kid.

If only we changed the name of every technique when there was people out there who didn't know how to properly perform it.

I'd like to call it Over the Rainbow.. as I was initially taught the heel hook by making a rainbow with the top arm to raise the heel and point the toes down... Plus it sounds friendly

Back