Does this look like a good summer for movies or no?

G

Guestx

Just looking at release dates for the next few months and the line-up doesn't really have me hyped. I can't tell if it's just me and my expectations are too high or if this really doesn't look like an especially strong list of films.

In terms of big blockbuster releases, here's what we're looking at:

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27)
Deadpool 2 (5/18)
Solo (5/25)
The Incredibles 2 (6/15)
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (6/22)
Sicario 2 (6/29)
Ant-Man 2 (7/6)
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (7/27)

If you care about Oceans 8, that's also on the way.

All fucking sequels. Where are the fresh, new ideas?

Personally, the only two films out of all of those that I'm REALLY looking forward to are Jurassic World 2 and Sicario 2. The rest, eh, I'll watch them, but I'm not chomping at the big to get to the theater.

What do you guys think?

Looks like the continued trend of Hollywood has ran out of ideas...

lol at Antman 2.....

Only thing there I really care about is Sicario 2.

Just give me Infinity War

Loved Sicario but I’m skeptical about the sequel without Villeneuve.

Just give me Infinity War

Frankly, I don't even know what the hell the Infinity War is.

I've seen all the other Marvel movies. Am I supposed to know what this next one is about just from the title? Is this something we've been building to and I just didn't catch it?

Aren't you a film major? Can you bring some life into this shitty industry.

Is Solo based on he movie from the nineties with Mario Van Peebles?

I hear the Chinese are pumped about Ranger Solo.

Frankly, I don't even know what the hell the Infinity War is.
I've seen all the other Marvel movies. Am I supposed to know what this next one is about just from the title? Is this something we've been building to and I just didn't catch it?

They've been teasing the battle with Thanos for quite some time.

Only thing there I really care about is Sicario 2.

giphy.gif

I got comic book movied out a while back. I still end up watching them one way or another, but not usually because I'm chomping at the bit.

I haven't hit that wall yet, I'm sure it's coming. Incredibles feels a little different to me though. I guess because I was 10 when the first one came out, so it's nostalgic for me.

They've been teasing the battle with Thanos for quite some time.

I guess that shows how much I pay attention to the details when watching those films.

I've heard the name Thanos. That is all. Have no idea who that actually is.

I guess that shows how much I pay attention to the details when watching those films.

I've heard the name Thanos. That is all. Have no idea who that actually is.

He's mostly in after credits. I think the only time we see him outside of that is in Guardians of the Galaxy. He's Gamora and Nebula's dad. Drax also talks about killing him from time to time.

Yeah, I think it's a remake of that film starring The Rock.
Interesting. Thats really the only movie here that interests me because it was one of my favorites as a kid. Not sure how I feel about the Rock being in it. I like him and all but how many damn movies does he have to be in?

Interesting. Thats really the only movie here that interests me because it was one of my favorites as a kid. Not sure how I feel about the Rock being in it. I like him and all but how many damn movies does he have to be in?

I dunno. He's got that fake leg movie coming out that looks pretty cool.

Back