Does this look like a good summer for movies or no?

I actually find it difficult to imagine being jacked up about Jurassic World 2, or any Jurassic movie going forward.

Funny thing is, I didn't fully find my love for the franchise until after Jurassic World came out.

I enjoyed that film and it breathed new life into my own interest, and then I went back and re-evaluated the earlier films. Now I'm a big fan and hope to see several more films in the future.

Summer movies always suck ass. The best movies in terms of quality, script, actors and directors come out in the Fall and Winter.

Just how jazzed are you for these films, though? I mean, are you looking forward to them . . . or you FUCKING LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM?!
The first three films I mentioned (and The Meg) applies to your latter criteria.

And why the hell is Jurassic World not on your list?
Still going to watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom but not really super excited about it.

Funny thing is, I didn't fully find my love for the franchise until after Jurassic World came out.

I enjoyed that film and it breathed new life into my own interest, and then I went back and re-evaluated the earlier films. Now I'm a big fan and hope to see several more films in the future.

I just don't see it as a universe that's fertile for anything but rehashing. I mean, that kind of makes it perfect to rake in the money these days. But if you've seen the first Jurassic Park...

I just don't see it as a universe that's fertile for anything but rehashing. I mean, that kind of makes it perfect to rake in the money these days. But if you've seen the first Jurassic Park...

I think there are still directions you can go with it.

We haven't even seen InGen get any competition from other corporations. I'm still waiting for the Jurassic corporate thriller I've mentioned before where InGen has to go head-to-head against another dino manufacturer.

I think there are still directions you can go with it.

We haven't even seen InGen get any competition from other corporations. I'm still waiting for the Jurassic corporate thriller I've mentioned before where InGen has to go head-to-head against another dino manufacturer.

...and then the dinosaurs escape and...

...and then the dinosaurs escape and...

Fans may revolt, but I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have one or two films in the series where that wasn't a main plot point.

Ultimately, the story is about dinosaurs in the modern world. What can we do with that? Seems like it would be a lot.

Eh.
I'm going to see Super Troopers 2 tomorrow, and then I only really care about Deadpool and Mission Impossible.

Fans may revolt, but I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have one or two films in the series where that wasn't a main plot point.

Ultimately, the story is about dinosaurs in the modern world. What can we do with that? Seems like it would be a lot.

I think you have more imagination for the notion than I do. I'm trying to picture "The Big Short" centered around dinosaur futures.

Bitches 8 and solo can go straight to fuckyou city. The rest I'm looking forward to.

Ok I figured it out. I was being serious lol. Feel kinda stupid but that wasn't very nice

LOL.

For a brief moment I wondered if you were actually being serious . . . but then I was like, "Nah . . . couldn't be."

LOL.

For a brief moment I wondered if you were actually being serious . . . but then I was like, "Nah . . . couldn't be."
I thought the Han Solo movie was already out. I was you tubing "solo the rock" looking for the trailer

Looking at that list, hmm, they put all the big hitters at the beginning of summer.

5/10

I thought the Han Solo movie was already out. I was you tubing "solo the rock" looking for the trailer

I am both amused and also feel a little bad for sending you on that wild goose chase.

I assume you're not a Star Wars fan if you thought Solo was already out.

So just superhero movies, huh?
For the summer yeah. Although the only one I will definitely see in theatres is Infinity War. Hereditary, Under the Silver Lake, and Sgt. Stubby look like they could be good as well.
BTW, I've noticed that for a movie person, you watch suspiciously few contemporary films.
When new movies are released that look interesting I add them to the constantly growing watch-list, but I don't generally give them any priority. And I prefer to watch movies at home so that keeps me away from the theatre most of the time.

I have recently made it a priority to watch more films from this decade so I can be more informed on the state of modern film.
Probably because he was busy with Yellowstone.
Yeah good call. I think Yellowstone is what he really wanted to do next. Meanwhile Sicario was just meant to be one movie, but with it becoming so popular especially Del Toro's character I imagine the studio hounded him to write a sequel / spinoff.
Because I don't think a Han Solo movie was needed / wanted, and I haven't liked the direction Star Wars has taken under Disney, so I'm hoping for some backlash to force a change up in the leadership at Lucasfilm.

I just realized I haven't been to a movie theater in 2018 yet and probably Sicario 2 might be the only one I see for the first half of the year. I don't have any hopes for Jurassic World though if for some reason if the reviews are very good I would check it out in the theaters.

Side note: I actually had to Google what Solo was.....holy shit i had no clue it was Star Wars.

This creepy looking movie comes out in June, looking forward to it more than anything on that list

Back