Does Tony Ferguson have the better BJJ than Khabib?

Is this even the right question? Isn't the appropriate question who has the better MMA grappling?

My guess is Tony's better off his back. Khabib is better at getting dominant position.
This
Khabib vs tony will be the ultimate test for the rubberguard

If wrestling was easy it would be called Sambo.

Tony Bless. He will make clean work of this fraud.

Ferguson has something that no other fighter has. Ground striking. He is very lethal with elbows on his back. That cut on Pettit was from his elbow while on his back.

It's highly positional and situational at times.
Just stay on top baby.

• Nog didn't have razor-sharp elbows (Tony gonna peal Kebob head's skin off)
  • Kebob's GnP is not at the level of Fedor's
  • Kebob sticks to you like a wet paper, unlike Fedor, and constantly tries to bring fight to the canvas (dangerous against a guy with great BJJ guard)
  • Tony's guard, I would argue, is better than Nog's

Big nog guard is so diff from Tony. One is super patience and always end up getting beat up until he find an opening. Tony is super aggresive with his guard, he'll attack you with subs or straight up elbow from the bottom.

• Nog didn't have razor-sharp elbows (Tony gonna peal Kebob head's skin off)
  • Kebob's GnP is not at the level of Fedor's
  • Kebob sticks to you like a wet paper, unlike Fedor, and constantly tries to bring fight to the canvas (dangerous against a guy with great BJJ guard)
  • Tony's guard, I would argue, is better than Nog's

Youn don’t understand the sport. Tony’s guard is not comparable to a prime Nog. Tony could never advance in the mundials, let alone go to a decision with the open eighth champ. Nog was world class and outgrappled werdum in their first match (when Werdum was a legit BJJ competitor).

Fedor is the GOAT, but his ground game was very early 2000s. He could never compete in ADCC. Khabib can. That is what is scary.

Big nog guard is so diff from Tony. One is super patience and always end up getting beat up until he find an opening. Tony is super aggresive with his guard, he'll attack you with subs or straight up elbow from the bottom.

Nogueira only has that rep because of Fedor and Sapp. Usually he took zero damage on the bottom. That just shows how good Fedor was. But Khabib? He is the evolution of Fedor.

stupid fucking question
LTmr-lUi_400x400.jpg

Tony could never advance in the mundials, let alone go to a decision with the open eighth champ.
But Tony can advance on Kebob's head with his elbows or on Kebob's neck with a D'Arce choke, if Kebob mans up to fight him.

4 pages of ignorant Sherdoggers talking about shit they dont understand. Khabib’s BJJ is incredible and if they ever fight Tony’s main weapon will be his cardio. Tony is quick with catching subs but Khabib has incredible positioning and control and is ahead of Ferg here by a country mile.

But Tony can advance on Kebob's head with his elbows or on Kebob's neck with a D'Arce choke, if Kebob mans up to fight him.

Well elbows were illegal in pride fc so it was never a factor, but Nogueira probably had the most reliable guard in MMA.

Nog had the triangle, armbar, anaconda and Guillotine as his go to submissions, and those were at a much higher level than Ferguson’s Darce.

Ferguson was mounted two fights ago by Kevin Lee, something Fedor could never do to Nog.

Tony definitely has a more complete game and he implements strikes off his back. Khabib doesn't need to have an elite complete bjj game since he is so good from the top position.

I don't think Khabib respects BJJ very much, let alone practices it.
So yes, I would assume Ferguson's BJJ is better.

You need to be truly elite, say ADCC level to catch Khabib from the bottom. Even then, after a few of his bombs it will likely kill your game (like what Fedor did to prime Nog).
Not necessarily true. Tony's MMA subs are extremely crafty and he's really long. Plus he has the ability to daze khabib on or off the feet which makes catching something less difficult when the guy defending is having to worry about getting his bearings back. Tony has the kind of length that he can posistion for and land elbows from the bottom if khabib is not careful. Eat a couple of those at a bad time, or eat an upkick while posturing which tony will do too and you can find yourself locked up in something bad. This is a real interesting fight. I think Tony has the best kind of skill set outside of maybe a super wrestler with pure tnt in his hands to try and knock off khabib at this stage. Tony won't just lay there. He's constantly going to be looking for either subs, strikes, or scrambles from the bottom. And he has a wild and dangerous stand up game too that is not easy to step in on.

Not necessarily true. Tony's MMA subs are extremely crafty and he's really long. Plus he has the ability to daze khabib on or off the feet which makes catching something less difficult when the guy defending is having to worry about getting his bearings back. Tony has the kind of length that he can posistion for and land elbows from the bottom if khabib is not careful. Eat a couple of those at a bad time, or eat an upkick while posturing which tony will do too and you can find yourself locked up in something bad. This is a real interesting fight. I think Tony has the best kind of skill set outside of maybe a super wrestler with pure tnt in his hands to try and knock off khabib at this stage. Tony won't just lay there. He's constantly going to be looking for either subs, strikes, or scrambles from the bottom. And he has a wild and dangerous stand up game too that is not easy to step in on.

He got mounted two fights ago.

If Khabib gets tony down, I have a hard time seeing him do something offensively on the ground, Khabib is so aware and has better understanding of positioning than anybody in that division.

Tony's best bet is to survive the early onslaught on the ground, accept the takedowns, then hoping to break Khabib in the 3rd or 4th.
Agreed nice post basically summed up the million dollar question it's what makes this fight so fuckin sick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back