Does Tony Ferguson have the better BJJ than Khabib?

Khabib quite literally has 20 years more submission grappling experience than Tony does.
That isn't an exaggeration, Khabib's been training judo from his father since he was 5.

Better BJJ, better striking, better footwork, better endurance.

Yeah, Tony is the better MMA-fighter. We will see it hopefully in 2019 in a dominant fashion.
Tony is a great fighter but has been beat and never looks completely dominant in any of his recent fights. He had some bad moments in the Lee fight and the Pettis fight. Khabib has only ever arguably lost one round and it was still close... so.....

That's why I want to see Khabib vs Ortega.

I wanna see just how useless top-end BJJ really is.
High level BJJ is about as useless as high level boxing/TB when they don't have the other.

When you get to the elite level, wrestling is the deciding factor. It's the reason why Maia shits the bed when he can't get a TD and why Conor will always be susceptible to strong wrestlers.

BJJ is just as important as any other discipline, however straight freestyle wrestling has proven time and time again to be the deciding factor once you get high enough on the food chain.

You can't write off BJJ as an effective tool, though, because the guy you are using as example (Khabib) might even have the best BJJ at 155. Of course a 145lb BJJ expert is going to get nullified by him.

He got mounted two fights ago.
Cool? Dosen't mean he loses this fight. Khabib also got wobbled by micheal johnson which was supposed to be proof positive that conor was going to smoke him and we all saw how that logic ends up panning out.

No. Please watch Khabib @ NAGA. Then picture if Tony would have won or not. I don't get "what if" threads that guess about things that have already happened in real life.

Kevin Lee looked like he got full mount on Tony pretty easy(Im a grappling noob btw). Can someone with knowledge please educate me on how that was done if Tonys got lethal BJJ? Serious question

Maia has finished a lot of good grapplers and the ones who he hasn't were also great grapplers...Edson, MJ, Abel, Al, ect would have been subbed by Maia if he had gotten the positions that Khabib had on those fighters especially the frequency that he had them. If you look at his fights 99% of the fighters he fought and didn't finish or lost to were elite grapplers. Far better grapplers than those whom Khabib had faced.

Masvidal
LaFlare
Yakovlev
Santiago
Grove
Miranda
Miller

Some of these guys are good but I wouldn't be calling any of them elite grapplers.

Subbing people is only a small part of BJJ. Position>submission.

Masvidal
LaFlare
Yakovlev
Santiago
Grove
Miranda
Miller

Some of these guys are good but I wouldn't be calling any of them elite grapplers.

Subbing people is only a small part of BJJ. Position>submission.
He's subbed good grapplers...like I said if Maia had the positions Khabib had on most of his opponents the fights over. You only survive Maia on your back if your a good grappler. Also LaFlare, Grove, and Miller are good grapplers...Maybe you look at their record though.

Better BJJ, better striking, better footwork, better endurance.

Yeah, Tony is the better MMA-fighter. We will see it hopefully in 2019 in a dominant fashion.
Yet he lost 3 times (1 of the loss to Johnson) and got rocked bad a few times. He absolutely is not a better MMA fighter. Khabib will make it look easy.

For the first couple rounds I think Khabib would dominate with his strength, takedowns and control but Ferguson would eventually overcome him with his exhausting pressure. Ferg would be the best fighter off his back that Khabib could face so that makes it interesting

Kevin Lee looked like he got full mount on Tony pretty easy(Im a grappling noob btw). Can someone with knowledge please educate me on how that was done if Tonys got lethal BJJ? Serious question

Khabib has better ground game. Ferguson gave Pettis his back. If it was khabib then it might have been all over.
For some reason Tony is dangerous even when mounted.

Khabib quite literally has 20 years more submission grappling experience than Tony does.
That isn't an exaggeration, Khabib's been training judo from his father since he was 5.

Tony's been subbing BJJ blackbelts that Khabib took to decisions in Tibau and Edson.

Obviously Khabib's grappling is supremely effective but Tony is the more dangerous finisher.

Not necessarily. Khabib would still most likely beat him in a normal BJJ match. You can't rely all the time on heel hooks and leg locks. Take downs and top control, while less exciting, are definitely more consistent ways of winning on the ground.
You say this, but no-gi is dominated by leg lockers outside of IBJJF

You say this, but no-gi is dominated by leg lockers outside of IBJJF

There are a lot more professionals with Khabibs grappling style than Tony’s most matches don’t end in submission.

Back