Does Xbox really ban you for nothing?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've never been banned muted or anything in about 4 years of playing on ps4 and I troll pretty hard sometimes. I read Xbox is basically banning people at will these days and a friend of mine told me he got a comms ban over nothing and is seriously considering switching to Ps4.

Is it really that bad on Xbox? I haven't played on one online for about 5 years, and it was fine before. I don't really see how banning people from your platform for speech is profitable or good for business in general. They're obviously free to do what they will, but if I played on Xbox and got muted/banned I'd be selling it asap and picking up a ps4 or PC.

Can't really comment on the question, but from my experience "I didn't do anything wrong" is a staple of every banned person, ever.

The Xbox enforce team is very very strict. 5 strikes and all your digital games are gone forever.

I've yet 2 be banned been ov live for 7 years

I've never been banned muted or anything in about 4 years of playing on ps4 and I troll pretty hard sometimes. I read Xbox is basically banning people at will these days and a friend of mine told me he got a comms ban over nothing and is seriously considering switching to Ps4.

Is it really that bad on Xbox? I haven't played on one online for about 5 years, and it was fine before. I don't really see how banning people from your platform for speech is profitable or good for business in general. They're obviously free to do what they will, but if I played on Xbox and got muted/banned I'd be selling it asap and picking up a ps4 or PC.

Yeah I’ve gotten bans just for saying “you are trash”

I don't really see how banning people from your platform for speech is profitable or good for business in general.

A lot of people prefer not to spend their free time and money being harassed by dicks.

The Xbox enforce team is very very strict. 5 strikes and all your digital games are gone forever.

And that is exactly why digital content is inferior to the real thing. Imagine buying digital games for several years and then getting banned and
losing it all.

From the Xbox Live Terms of Service Section 4(a)(iv)(2):

If your Services are canceled or your Microsoft account or Skype account is closed (whether by you or us), a few things happen. First, your right to use the Services stops immediately and your license to use the software related to the Services ends. Second, we’ll delete Data or Your Content associated with your Microsoft account or Skype account or will otherwise disassociate it from you and your Microsoft account or Skype account (unless we are required by law to keep it). You should have a regular backup plan as Microsoft won’t be able to retrieve Your Content or Data once your account is closed. Third, you may lose access to material or products you’ve acquired.

A lot of people prefer not to spend their free time and money being harassed by dicks.

That's what the mute button is for, any person with half a brain can utilize it. People aren't going to jump to your platform and start buying digital games when they are at high risk of being banned for saying shit like fuck off and shut up. Also on Xbox it seems alot of people get bait banned, basically baited in by a troll and reported for the sole purpose of getting them banned.

I've been on the fence about either selling my ps4 cause it's getting old and could shit the bed any day and buying a new one black friday.. or just keeping it playing it until it dies and buying an xbox one.

This whole banning thing I've been reading about just seems ridiculous though and is turning me off majorly from buying one at all. Not interested in a platform that charges me monthly /yearly and bans/mutes me for any little thing.

I've been on the fence about either selling my ps4 cause it's getting old and could shit the bed any day and buying a new one black friday.. or just keeping it playing it until it dies and buying an xbox one.

This whole banning thing I've been reading about just seems ridiculous though and is turning me off majorly from buying one at all. Not interested in a platform that charges me monthly /yearly and bans/mutes me for any little thing.
It's definitely messed up being at the mercy of their whim like that.

I've never been banned... even after playing online games for years and especially so when I used to play shitfaced all the time. From my experience the answer is NO... Xbox is not just banning people for just any reason. I play with a ton of different people online and none of them have ever been banned either. Perhaps the people with whom you're discussing this issue are just a bunch of assholes when they play online?

I got a 14 hour comm ban on Live for calling some kid a retard I think cause that was the same night I got banned and I must've got reported. I say "I think" cause they never tell you what it is for or why. Never happened to me before. This was a few weeks ago.

It's funny cause he told me to watch mouth and called me a BITCH so I counter reported him.

I don't think I will msg randoms again not worth it. So many snowflakes online.

I am on a three week ban right now, from ANY multiplayer activity. No Destiny, no Cod, no Titanfall, etc.

(I was yelling at a noob for repeatedly not doing his job in the Raid in Destiny 2 and using swear words, and he reported me)

It's not my first infraction. I used to send some pretty nasty text messages to people when I raged over PvP multiplayer games and guys were camping. My bad for putting it in writing, but I stopped doing that after a couple bans.

XBL is moderated by a bunch of overly-sensitive, knee-jerk reactive, safe-space wanting, leftist control freaks. Once you get a ban, it seems they put you on the "Ban him if he farts" list.

I considered moving over to PS4, but my Destiny clan is 70+ strong and I am the Founder.

I am on a three week ban right now, from ANY multiplayer activity. No Destiny, no Cod, no Titanfall, etc.

(I was yelling at a noob for repeatedly not doing his job in the Raid in Destiny 2 and using swear words, and he reported me)

It's not my first infraction. I used to send some pretty nasty text messages to people when I raged over PvP multiplayer games and guys were camping. My bad for putting it in writing, but I stopped doing that after a couple bans.

XBL is moderated by a bunch of overly-sensitive, knee-jerk reactive, safe-space wanting, leftist control freaks. Once you get a ban, it seems they put you on the "Ban him if he farts" list.

I considered moving over to PS4, but my Destiny clan is 70+ strong and I am the Founder.

How can they report you for voice communication? Sounds like BS. They aren't allowed to record you.

They monitor for abusive language, harassment, etc. They record everything man.

This is a good reason why I never play with randoms online. Plus I can't stand 13 year old kids acting like retards because they are hiding behind a mic.

Awesome seeing bratty whiners crying about being banned.

They monitor for abusive language, harassment, etc. They record everything man.

They can't record you dude it's against the law unless you are under federal investigation. If you sent him a recorded voice msg that's different. But if you were in a party with him or msged him in game they really can't do shit.

They can't record you dude it's against the law unless you are under federal investigation. If you sent him a recorded voice msg that's different. But if you were in a party with him or msged him in game they really can't do shit.

It's not against the law if permission is given... probably in the EULA that most people don't even read and accept.

Back