Does Xbox really ban you for nothing?

I was banned once after playing EA UFC 2. I won and received a message from the other guy stating that he hoped that my family would be murdered and that I would get raped. I replied with "f*ck off" and was banned for 24 hours..

We used to get banned all the time back when you could change your gamer tag whenever you wanted. Made some hilarious but immature tags

DildoTester
Ispyonyourkids
PlaygroundCreep

Admittedly stupid shit and it was only moms getting us banned

Not surprised honestly. Xbox was infamous for the amount of hate you'd have to listen to when playing online. Looks like MS finally decided to start heavily punishing people to put a stop to it. The last thing you want these days is to be known as the console where you're guaranteed to be called the N word.

Yeah, I turned mics off years for the Xbox. Between the dipshit a-holes and the romper room kiddies, it honestly just sucked. I don't play much online multiplayer on the XBox, usually just PC. And then only with friends. Is it really better on the Xbox now? I have a hard time believing it.

It's hilarious seeing the people crying about being banned ITT for being assholes online.

Seriously, why do y'all do it? Is it fun to berate random people and insult them? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Dude on ps4 reported me for Killing him in fortnite. He got so upset I smashed him 1on1 that he started sending harassing messengers.

Instead of smack talking back I told him I found it offensive and he should stop. He didn't so I reported and messages got deleted and he got his with a ban lol.

Some kids just can't take being beat. Hillarious

Perfect way to handle it

Been comms banned on Xbox for using curse words while talking about myself. Didn't last long and hasn't happened since.

Yeah, I turned mics off years for the Xbox. Between the dipshit a-holes and the romper room kiddies, it honestly just sucked. I don't play much online multiplayer on the XBox, usually just PC. And then only with friends. Is it really better on the Xbox now? I have a hard time believing it.

It's hilarious seeing the people crying about being banned ITT for being assholes online.

Seriously, why do y'all do it? Is it fun to berate random people and insult them? I don't get it.

I switched to PS4 so not sure if it got any better. I hardly played online with my 360 as is. I have no idea why people want to talk shit. Even in Overwatch it happens and it's completely random and for no reason. Had one shitty couple just shitting on everyone acting like they were the best Overwatch players and they were fucking silver.

And that is exactly why digital content is inferior to the real thing. Imagine buying digital games for several years and then getting banned and
losing it all.

From the Xbox Live Terms of Service Section 4(a)(iv)(2):

If your Services are canceled or your Microsoft account or Skype account is closed (whether by you or us), a few things happen. First, your right to use the Services stops immediately and your license to use the software related to the Services ends. Second, we’ll delete Data or Your Content associated with your Microsoft account or Skype account or will otherwise disassociate it from you and your Microsoft account or Skype account (unless we are required by law to keep it). You should have a regular backup plan as Microsoft won’t be able to retrieve Your Content or Data once your account is closed. Third, you may lose access to material or products you’ve acquired.
This is hilarious because you know they keep all your personal data to sell and share with "their partners"

..so are you saying when I close my account you're going to delete all the info? or did you mean you would delete all the data that I might want, while keeping whatever you want?

They can't retrieve the data for you, but of they want it, they'll be able to retrieve it.

Perfect way to handle it
I was pretty shocked how he kept going, I mean I get annoyed sometimes but I don't send abusive messages.

Usually only send messages when someone does some crazy mad shit and I'm like bruhhhhhh

I am on a three week ban right now, from ANY multiplayer activity. No Destiny, no Cod, no Titanfall, etc.

(I was yelling at a noob for repeatedly not doing his job in the Raid in Destiny 2 and using swear words, and he reported me)

It's not my first infraction. I used to send some pretty nasty text messages to people when I raged over PvP multiplayer games and guys were camping. My bad for putting it in writing, but I stopped doing that after a couple bans.

XBL is moderated by a bunch of overly-sensitive, knee-jerk reactive, safe-space wanting, leftist control freaks. Once you get a ban, it seems they put you on the "Ban him if he farts" list.

I considered moving over to PS4, but my Destiny clan is 70+ strong and I am the Founder.

So you’re an out of control troll 13 year old while playing MP? Hope I don’t see you on PS4.

The serious gamers are the ones who are going to stay on your platform play multiple hours and most likely buy extras and add ons. Banning people is horrible, it loses money and gives a bad name in general. Who the fuck wants to side with a company that will ban you after spending thousands of dollars?

Like I said I was gonna get an xbox black friday but after doing my research I prefer my freedom of speech and digital content.

Abuse is not freedom of speech

Well I'll put it this way, I've never once been banned or heard of anyone being banned on ps4 really other than for cheating. Banning people for speech who spend money on your platform is literally the dumbest thing you can do. Like Joe Riggs shooting himself in the hand level of stupid.

People like you stop me playing MP often. You aren’t paying for the right to abuse other people

You think people should get banned for that? You don't think a mute button would work? You must be real fuckin fun at parties there bubs

Mute is very productive in a team game isn’t it.

You’re basically a troll who got slapped for trolling and complains about it

Not surprised honestly. Xbox was infamous for the amount of hate you'd have to listen to when playing online. Looks like MS finally decided to start heavily punishing people to put a stop to it. The last thing you want these days is to be known as the console where you're guaranteed to be called the N word.

Xbox was horrible for 13 year olds like BJPenn2017 screaming abuse with zero consequences.

Part of playing games is getting in your opponents head, especially fighting games. You sound mentally weak and like your feelings get hurt too easy. Grow a pair man.

In every sport shouting abuse is a foul that can be punished in various ways.

Dude on ps4 reported me for Killing him in fortnite. He got so upset I smashed him 1on1 that he started sending harassing messengers.

Instead of smack talking back I told him I found it offensive and he should stop. He didn't so I reported and messages got deleted and he got his with a ban lol.

Some kids just can't take being beat. Hillarious

Some Nate Diaz fan did that to me on Sherdog and I was polite until he got himself banned message after message. Couldn’t stop, like a toddler with Twitter.

I actually like ps4 reporting system cuz more often than not the person reporting you for pointless shit like getting told to fuck off or git gud gets banned themselves for abusing the system it's pretty awesome xbox should try inplementing this

In every sport shouting abuse is a foul that can be punished in various ways.

Lol you're comparing sports to video games? I bet you're one of those losers who thinks esports should be a real sport

holy fuck dudes learn to multi-quote @_@

I don't think I've ever gotten a ban back when I was on xbox live during the 360 days. I've gotten plenty of hatemail that I gladly responded to, but no repercussions.

Can't say the same about my HoN/DotA days, lol. Especially HoN, I was extremely toxic. Mobas bring out the worst in gamers.

Back