Does Xbox really ban you for nothing?

Bumping this old thread cos I just got banned for saying "Nice Nut sniffing, i'll rematch you when you replace your potato router"

Is that really worth a ban?

I've never been banned muted or anything in about 4 years of playing on ps4 and I troll pretty hard sometimes. I read Xbox is basically banning people at will these days and a friend of mine told me he got a comms ban over nothing and is seriously considering switching to Ps4.

Is it really that bad on Xbox? I haven't played on one online for about 5 years, and it was fine before. I don't really see how banning people from your platform for speech is profitable or good for business in general. They're obviously free to do what they will, but if I played on Xbox and got muted/banned I'd be selling it asap and picking up a ps4 or PC.
Xbox has an auto filter for certain banned words, it’s all automated. It’s a comms bam for two days it used to be longer. You can still talk shit just don’t do it blatantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what the mute button is for, any person with half a brain can utilize it. People aren't going to jump to your platform and start buying digital games when they are at high risk of being banned for saying shit like fuck off and shut up. Also on Xbox it seems alot of people get bait banned, basically baited in by a troll and reported for the sole purpose of getting them banned.
You’re correct, I’ve purposely spammed “”allowable” hate mail at people until they say he no no word and then report them and gloat because I can message them and they can’t message me.

If they attempted to "punish" me for something so stupid I'd sell my system ASAP and buy a Ps4, no way in hell am I going to pay to be banned for what I say. It's actually the main reason preventing me from buying one now, just gonna pick up another ps4 instead. I enjoy my digital content and freedom of speech.
Lmao PlayStation has the exact same thing, maybe people report less idk. I got banned on ps3 for the same shit and my best friend got banned on ps4.

Bumping this old thread cos I just got banned for saying "Nice Nut sniffing, i'll rematch you when you replace your potato router"

Is that really worth a ban?
LOL no. MP lobbies these days are a mix of ultra toxic super racist fucks and soft ass bitches.

Guy I know @StabbyMcHatchet got the comm ban once when taking a dipshit through a Destiny 2 raid who was OPENLY STATING they were trolling us and reported him for him yelling at the kid to "FUCKING LISTEN AND COVER YOUR DOOR DIPSHIT"

@Jose Beehive to be fair it depends on the game too. A game like Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty, or Battlefield you can talk WAY MORE SHIT because the age demographic is generally older... or they're 12 and try to talk shit and fail. Game like Destiny and like Fortnite you're probably more likely to get bans from talking shit.

LOL no. MP lobbies these days are a mix of ultra toxic super racist fucks and soft ass bitches.

Guy I know @StabbyMcHatchet got the comm ban once when taking a dipshit through a Destiny 2 raid who was OPENLY STATING they were trolling us and reported him for him yelling at the kid to "FUCKING LISTEN AND COVER YOUR DOOR DIPSHIT"

It's ridiculous, i've received like racist death threats written slightly incorrectly and reported with nothing done... This Nut Sniff Potato Router message I still don't understand what the issue was, could it be seen as homophobic with no context of the game I was playing?(UFC3).. If so that's ridiculous. I tried to get in touch with them but the Enforcement websites shit and nothing really works on it, the ban itself I didn't give a shit about, just baffled.

LOL

It's ridiculous, i've received like racist death threats written slightly incorrectly and reported with nothing done... This Nut Sniff Potato Router message I still don't understand what the issue was, could it be seen as homophobic with no context of the game I was playing?(UFC3).. If so that's ridiculous. I tried to get in touch with them but the Enforcement websites shit and nothing really works on it, the ban itself I didn't give a shit about, just baffled.

LOL
It's so tame compared to shit I have said or done.

I called a guy that was playing Doc on Siege a dipshit smelly French fruitcake because he wouldn't use his healing stim shots on teammates that needed it. Told a kid in Modern Warfare that I kept shitting on to let his testicles drop before he came back to the game.

It's so tame compared to shit I have said or done.

I called a guy that was playing Doc on Siege a dipshit smelly French fruitcake because he wouldn't use his healing stim shots on teammates that needed it. Told a kid in Modern Warfare that I kept shitting on to let his testicles drop before he came back to the game.
<Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

That's way worse!

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

That's way worse!
I team killed a guy in Siege once who wouldn't put up reinforcements and was Rook so he didn't put down his ballistic vests and got a message of "sorry, my kid is playing" and I responded with "it's fucking 11:30 PM on a Tuesday in October shouldn't they be in bed? What's the CPS number for your state?"

I think that one got me blocked.

I team killed a guy in Siege once who wouldn't put up reinforcements and was Rook so he didn't put down his ballistic vests and got a message of "sorry, my kid is playing" and I responded with "it's fucking 11:30 PM on a Tuesday in October shouldn't they be in bed? What's the CPS number for your state?"

HA!
I've had similar experiences to that
So many times on COD were theres like whats sounds like a middle eastern 3 year old playing the game making like stereotype gaga googoo baby sounds... Honestly theres loads of these actual babies playing Warzone, blows my mind LMAO!

HA!
I've had similar experiences to that
So many times on COD were theres like whats sounds like a middle eastern 3 year old playing the game making like stereotype gaga googoo baby sounds... Honestly theres loads of these actual babies playing Warzone, blows my mind LMAO!
Had one where you could hear the guy playing the game's kids yelling in the background and not me but a friend hopped into gamechat and just went apeshit about it:
"FUCKING SHUT THAT KID UP. I HEARD CHLOROPHORM WORKS!!!"

Had one where you could hear the guy playing the game's kids yelling in the background and not me but a friend hopped into gamechat and just went apeshit about it:
"FUCKING SHUT THAT KID UP. I HEARD CHLOROPHORM WORKS!!!"
<Dany07>

I usually try and mute them, but if teamworks popping with everyone else it's really fucking annoying... I had one German dude just having a really casual but irritating phone call with his wife the entire game, when it was just us left I ended up getting him killed by giving away his location by popping a load of shots off and fucking sprinting off to a vehicle.

quit being a toxic asshole.

<Dany07>

I usually try and mute them, but if teamworks popping with everyone else it's really fucking annoying... I had one German dude just having a really casual but irritating phone call with his wife the entire game, when it was just us left I ended up getting him killed by giving away his location by popping a load of shots off and fucking sprinting off to a vehicle.
We all have our ways to deal with it.

*shrug.

We were in ranked.. that's not really the time or place to let your kid take over for a round or two sorry.

It's ELO, a digital number. Nothing worth being a douche over. I don't understand why people get so caught up in a number that means nothing.

It's ELO, a digital number. Nothing worth being a douche over. I don't understand why people get so caught up in a number that means nothing.
The issue was it was the overtime matchpoint. If it had been casual or like the beginning of a ranked match I probably would have ignored it. But the guy had been playing, not amazingly but ok, and then suddenly doesn't even put the damn Rook plates down and was just randomly shooting during the prep phase.

Back