Does Yadong have the best boxing in the division?

Nah, his fundamentals are too bad. There's more to boxing than just hitting hard.

He had a lot of problems getting past kicks, the takedowns really made a difference for him.

I'd say O'Malley and Yan have better boxing at a minimum. They're just better at getting inside and have better defense, at least Yan does.

He's probably comparable to Chito though. Both guys are guys who rely on knockout power and aren't that sophisticated. Chito has better IQ though but he lacks attacks to pepper down his opponent, more all or nothing.

I think there’s a reason they kept him away from O’Malley on both of there respective ascensions up the rankings. It would go a lot like last night. The others I think Yan outboxes him and he beats Fig, Chito and him fought and I personally had it Chito in that fight.

However I don’t think he’s the best technically, he’s very fast and hits hard, his physicality is what carries him. He’s a dangerous kid who is only getting better.
Spot on, his boxing is very basic, loads up with everything.

Merab has by far the best hands at BW, with Aljo a close second

No, I don’t think he’s the best boxer in 135. I think yan would have beaten him comfortably. Boxing isn’t just strong punches, he struggled to close the distance and couldn’t cut the cage off either. He lacks a jab also, and had to resort to wrestling. Well “resort” it was close on the feet anyways. I thought gutierrez was winning the 2nd until the takedown

Agreed that his physicality is a huge factor. But his footwork is basic. Forwards and backwards. Also, his kicks are frustratingly poor and seem to just be a weak part of any combo.

Yeah he was having a hard time cutting off the cage against Chris.
Everything is north/south with him, and that's not the best way to approach things all the time.

He’s a good athlete and has a lot of power…but god no, he’s pretty rough around the edges.

He stated in the post fight interview that he wants to see who has the best boxing on the division.

Who can stand and bang with yadong toe to toe on the feet? Seems like every fight people are afraid of his boxing.

Yan has crisp boxing and defense. But i think o’malley won some of the exchanges when they fought and yan had to start wrestling.

my top boxers/punchers at BW

O’malley
Yan
Yadong
Chito

What are you talking about? He's just athletic, his boxing technique is straight up bad.

No jab and shit footwork.

He's only good when his opponents just stand in front of him because he hits hard and fast, but that's it.

Just way too basic for the top guys. Sandhagen already proved that. Suga would embarrass him badly.

I don't know. his boxing was exposed to be pretty limited this past weekend. Like other posters said, if he can close the distance and let his hands go he has some of the best combinations in the division but he doesn't really seem to have the foot work or know how to close distance and cut off angles when it comes to fighters that like fighting out of punch range.

He stated in the post fight interview that he wants to see who has the best boxing on the division.

Who can stand and bang with yadong toe to toe on the feet? Seems like every fight people are afraid of his boxing.

Yan has crisp boxing and defense. But i think o’malley won some of the exchanges when they fought and yan had to start wrestling.

my top boxers/punchers at BW

O’malley
Yan
Yadong
Chito
Sandhagen lit his ass up, so it's not him.

I'm a huge Song fan but I feel like it's too early to tell. He's got real good speed/power but I feel like he can work on some fundamental stuff (ex. working the jab). He's dangerous as hell in the pocket though.

He boxed Ricky Simon’s face off with a good jab and decent punching off the back foot. Hell, he used boxing as his main tdd in that fight.

No but yadong can stand and bang with the best of them.

Back