dog park is full of idiots

Yea, i would never bring a dog to a dog park, because that means trusting other people to not be idiots.
Most people don't know how to control their dog, or have them properly trained. A bunch of moms and dorks with big dogs that they can't control. And then add in kids to the mix..Just feels like a recipe for disaster.

We had an incident at a dog park where a guy pulled out his gun and killed someones dog. He thought the dog was attacking his everyone else said they were just playing. Not sure what happened I wasn't there read about it in the paper and it was a dog park me and my wife used to go to all the time it was massive and very nice. The dog that was shot actually ended up at my wife's hospital but died.

I hate when people

A. Don't clean up after their dogs.

or

B. Let their dogs do anything (hump other dogs, walk out of the gate) it isn't my responsibility to make sure your dog doesn't run away.

people with toddlers running amongst 100lb or more dogs is pretty reckless parenting. Along with badly socialized dogs.

Both are stupid:

Parents, understand the danger and moderate your behaviour.

Prospective dog owners: don't buy what you can't command, kill or give away what you cannot control.

Yeah better hope one of these ain't running around in the park with them kids.

Pitbull-Angry.jpg
Dogs of Peace --- Allah BARKbar

I hate when people

A. Don't clean up after their dogs.

or

B. Let their dogs do anything (hump other dogs, walk out of the gate) it isn't my responsibility to make sure your dog doesn't run away.
let em bang bro

people with toddlers running amongst 100lb or more dogs is pretty reckless parenting. Along with badly socialized dogs.

We've taken our kid to the dog park since forever. When she was small, she'd hang around a bench. Dogs would come over to her. Both dog and kid loved it.

Haven't been for a while b/c our new dog, 3 years now, gets herself in trouble with other dogs. Not aggressive but just ignores them. She'll run right past a dog to see their human. It really pisses off some dogs.

We've taken our kid to the dog park since forever. When she was small, she'd hang around a bench. Dogs would come over to her. Both dog and kid loved it.

Haven't been for a while b/c our new dog, 3 years now, gets herself in trouble with other dogs. Not aggressive but just ignores them. She'll run right past a dog to see their human. It really pisses off some dogs.
bringing your kid is alright but having them running around 100ft out amongst giant dogs you don't know is a receipe for disaster.

when you think of it, the modern day dog owner is one of the most narcissistic, inconsiderate subgroup of people around

now you fence off a 100' by 100' section and allow a bunch of them to congregate along with their emotional support animals and it becomes one giant molecule of inconsiderate energy

bringing your kid is alright but having them running around 100ft out amongst giant dogs you don't know is a receipe for disaster.

Yeah, especially when you get packs of dogs chasing balls.

My daughter and English Mastiff are the same age and both went to the dog park growing up. People > dogs...if someone's dog is not to be trusted around kids/other dogs/other people then they dont need to be at the dog park.
I agree, but unfortunately you can't trust some owners to make that call. Plenty of people who put their dogs first, even when kids are involved. I took my 5 year old nephew to a playground and this guy walks in and unclips his german shepard. It's a damn playground, not an off leash dog park.

I stopped taking my dog when this guy started coming every day.

the-hyena-and-other-men-pieter-hugo-10.jpg

What did you expect? Who in their right mind walks behind an animal on a leash waiting to scoop its poop?

I am being serious here, what is with people referring to dog owners as their humans now? I don’t get that. Can you enlighten me?

I am being serious here, what is with people referring to dog owners as their humans now? I don’t get that. Can you enlighten me?

You know, I didn't even realize thats a thing I did. Its not due to some big worldview, just rather hearing it so much I guess. Its like using the word partner instead of spouse.

One of the first things I do with puppy's whether my own prior or others that i might be caring for (as long as their owners are ok with it) is take them to a dog park to socialize them. You cannot take them young enough (once they had all shots) so they can learn to deal with bigger dogs and all types.

I've never had an issue as the vast, VAST majority of people are bringing already socialized dogs and they know how they behave. Generally the biggest threat are the hyper dogs accidentally trampling other dogs.

It is also very good to take young kids and show them how to interact with different types of dogs in these scenarios. That does not mean going out into the play area but rather while being on the sideline as dogs come by to introduce themselves as they usually do at some point.

Lot of ignorant dog haters ITT IMO.

Back