Dogs.

Lol I wouldn't say I shit on you. And dogs are just like people. Some good & some bad. That's like saying you got punched by a person & now you don't like people. Plenty of really good loving dogs out there you just have issues that don't allow you to connect with them
Well, not all traumatic experiences are equal, and I can tolerate being around them now, but I will never like them. I know they're not all the same. Doesn't matter to my brain.

I love dogs, but I love cats more. I’m in the same boat - got my wife a small dog after she begged me to do it, and now I regret it.

Does your wife just neglect the dog and leave you to take care of it too?

My wife already had a small dog when we got together. I refused to let the dog come live with me\us. She would cry like every few months about how she misses him (he was staying with her parents). Eventually I got my own dog and when we got a house she brought up bringing her dog back. I agreed and I've regretted ever since. The dog is an asshole. Always barks and is just the complete opposite of my dog that always listens and is quite as fuck.

My wife works overnight and I have to put her dog in the garage when I go to bed because her dog will bark it's ass off when she gets home. My dog just lays in bed and stays fucking quiet she knows its fucking sleep time and to stay quiet.

My dogs don't shed. I love them and can't imagine not having them.

This is one thing I didn't realize when getting a dog is shedding sucks. My wife's dog doesn't shed but mine does all over the place probably the only annoying thing she does.

My wife already had a small dog when we got together. I refused to let the dog come live with me\us. She would cry like every few months about how she misses him (he was staying with her parents). Eventually I got my own dog and when we got a house she brought up bringing her dog back. I agreed and I've regretted ever since. The dog is an asshole. Always barks and is just the complete opposite of my dog that always listens and is quite as fuck.

My wife works overnight and I have to put her dog in the garage when I go to bed because her dog will bark it's ass off when she gets home. My dog just lays in bed and stays fucking quiet she knows its fucking sleep time and to stay quiet.
Yeah, that’s because she never trained it and probably neglected it as a puppy. You have to train it using treats.

Am I the only one that doesn't care for dogs? Seems like they are more trouble than they are worth. They shed all the time, some take human sized shits and the worst of all they are too expensive. I got my wife a small dog and I regret it, never gonna get a pet again.

Dogs are high maintenance and a lot of responsibility.

Yeah, that’s because she never trained it and probably neglected it as a puppy. You have to train it using treats.

I know for a fact she never neglected it. Training it though, yes I agree she never properly trained it.

Early on when they are puppies I agree I almost gave up on my dog. After about a year it's easy.

I have got better shit to do than walk a dog around every morning and every evening, so that it can take a shit. To each his own I guess.

I know for a fact she never neglected it. Training it though, yes I agree she never properly trained it.

When I say neglected it, I don’t mean she chained it up and never fed it. I mean she didn’t play with it enough or give it enough attention as a puppy. Just basically ignored it. That’s what all women do. They don’t really like having a dog. I like having unconditional love in the form of a live stuffed animal so that it can comfort them when they need it, but they can otherwise ignore it.

I just fixed up my garden so I might get a dog to run about in it. Gotta get over my last dog being stolen

<DCrying>

Yesterday I probably would have disputed this thread.

But my dog woke me up and needed to go outside at 2, 4, and 6am to diarrhea shit frantically outside. Now I am at work fully expecting to come home to a house covered in liquid dog shit. Not sure what's going on but it's probably because the idiot ate my kid's play-doh.

I have got better shit to do than walk a dog around every morning and every evening, so that it can take a shit. To each his own I guess.

Yea I just open the door to the backyard for my dogs. I did have to walk them at the apartment but I didn’t mind that I liked getting out and talking to the neighbors.

I love dogs, but I love cats more. I’m in the same boat - got my wife a small dog after she begged me to do it, and now I regret it.

Does your wife just neglect the dog and leave you to take care of it too?

I grew up with cats and prefer them too, so much less work especially for outdoor cats.

I have a Husky and he sheds a lot at certain times of the year. The most difficult thing to do is give him a bath. Not because he doesn't like it. He seems to enjoy it but it's almost impossible to get a husky wet. Their hair sheds water. I can have him submerged in water for several minutes and the under coat is still dry. I use Dawn dishwashing detergent to break the surface tension. Then that gets very difficult to rinse out.

The best thing about their water resistant fur is that he doesn't get that wet dog smell. He actually smells like the dog shampoo when he's out in the rain. He's 14 now and wants to spend all of his time outside, especially if it's cold out.

I grew up with cats and prefer them too, so much less work especially for outdoor cats.

I used to let my cats outdoors, but not any more. It’s too dangerous. I don’t want to have to worry about what’s going to happen to them out there. They aren’t much work indoors either. You just clean their litter box more often.

This is one thing I didn't realize when getting a dog is shedding sucks. My wife's dog doesn't shed but mine does all over the place probably the only annoying thing she does.
My wife is allergic to most dogs...finding one that didn't shed was a necessity. They need to be groomed but it's a tradeoff that is worth it to me.

My wife is allergic to most dogs...finding one that didn't shed was a necessity. They need to be groomed but it's a tradeoff that is worth it to me.

Yea my wife has to groom her dog. I'd take that over the shedding any day

Back