Doing chin up with the lower body

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I was always under the impression it's better to do chin ups only using upper body strength, but on the flip side of it is that if you wanna apply it to martial arts or whatever which utilizes the whole body strength, it might not be bad idea and i see people do it where they use the momentum of the lower body to bring themselves up, also they don't even bring themselves up all the way but more like more than half....example fedor training vid

[yt]
At 0:45 seconds, he uses his hip or whatever to bring himself up and don't even finish chin ups all the way

I was always under the impression it's better to do chin ups only using upper body strength, but on the flip side of it is that if you wanna apply it to martial arts or whatever which utilizes the whole body strength, it might not be bad idea and i see people do it where they use the momentum of the lower body to bring themselves up, also they don't even bring themselves up all the way but more like more than half....example fedor training vid

[yt]
At 0:45 seconds, he uses his hip or whatever to bring himself up and don't even finish chin ups all the way

The way he is doing his pull ups is more for conditioning than strength building. Most people shit on kipping but his is so minor I wouldn’t say what he’s doing is wrong.

shame.gif

Seriously though, Fedor is all about explosion. He's not swinging like a jackass, he's using it as a whole body exercise to transfer momentum.

rOxT7nU.gif

Back