Dominick Reyes vs. Ovince Saint Preux Targeted For UFC 229

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I can neither vote for OSP nor against him in such a fight. Dude is so unpredictable. He sent Shogun skating in 30 secs but could lose a decision to a not top 10 wrestler. Good fight though.
Yeah

Love the guy cause he’s a wildcard and is almost always fun to watch.

It’s cool because he’s an athlete first, and might not have all the fundamentals of long time martial arts guys, but he’s all kinds of flashy and unorthodox with his strikes and grappling.

Plus, he’s pretty huge, and pretty quick for his size

Last edited:
Reyes low key reminds me of Volkan, not necessarily the style but just the same build almost and both of them can crack

Reyes, Rakic, Cutelaba, Krylov are all young studs. If Yoel & Rockhold moved up 205 could get really good really fast. Not writing off Tyson Pedro yet either. The Anthony Smith story is pretty cool, didn't realize he fought so much between UFC stints. 13-2 last 15 fights.

I think by this time next year people will look upon the division with much more enthusiasm & optimism.

I hope so, without Jon and Rumble, heck, even with, it's sort of desolate. The top guys are MUCH better than the next best guys. It's like 125 but even worse. And that is pathetic considering this was basically the premiere division of the UFC/MMA for a while.

Reyes is the present and future of this division. The dude is the real deal. Love this fight for him.

Reyes by KO.

really hoping they set up Megan Anderson vs Eddie Wineland @ 145

Tough test for Reyes, OSP is less shot then alot of the old LHW he could have made a name off of, and No Time or Jones couldnt tko him also has slick subs. Interesting to see.

honestly, there's like 3-5 guys who over the course of the next 2 years could turn that division from really really really bad to really fuckin good.
True. I got my eyes on Reyes, Pedro & Smith (especially if he does well against Volkan) so far...

Good fight. OSP can finish him

True. I got my eyes on Reyes, Pedro & Smith (especially if he does well against Volkan) so far...
If Anthony Smith beats Volkan and Reyes beats OSP I'd love that as a #1 contender fight but Smith might fight for the title if he wins.

If Anthony Smith beats Volkan and Reyes beats OSP I'd love that as a #1 contender fight but Smith might fight for the title if he wins.
Damn! I hear you but I don't want to rush them. I still think they got ways to go (even though Smith is pretty much at the door if he beats Volkan) and believe Gus is ahead of everybody as far as getting the next shot no matter what DC says. On a side note I think DC saying that a 2nd fight w Gus would not sell is insane especially condidering that he wanted to fight Shogun instead which would have sold even way less. Casuals have no idea of how legendary Shogun is. A 2nd fight w Gus will be huge IMO because of how insanely close the first fight ended up being after it was supposed to be a walk in the park for DC.

Damn! I hear you but I don't want to rush them. I still think they got ways to go (even though Smith is pretty much at the door if he beats Volkan) and believe Gus is ahead of everybody as far as getting the next shot no matter what DC says. On a side note I think DC saying that a 2nd fight w Gus would not sell is insane especially condidering that he wanted to fight Shogun instead which would have sold even way less. Casuals have no idea of how legendary Shogun is. A 2nd fight w Gus will be huge IMO because of how insanely close the first fight ended up being after it was supposed to be a walk in the park for DC.
Gus just doesn't deserve it. He barely fights, finally does and beats Glover. It was a nice win but Glover is shot as it gets. The more time goes by the more that win looks less and less impressive. Gus needs to put together an actual string of wins and not get gifted another title fight. Hes become so entitled for a guy who's been a perennial second best his whole career.

Yeah I love both guys and I see OSP winning by sub.

OSP is an opportunistic octopus and will snatch shit up from any angle

As a casual you probably don’t know Reyes started under Drysdale and was a star wrestler in CA, so he’s a jits/wrestler... He’s not even a striker lol, he just knocks guys out. Drysdale doesn’t sub him, he ain’t getting subbed buddy

OSP is my one of my personal favorite fighters because he always steps up and fights whoever. He is one guy you could definitely count on to turn up and fight on a week or two notice if he's healthy.

Always makes weight, never test positive, kill or be killed fighter who goes out on his shield. What's not to like about this guy?

Back