Dominick Reyes will knock Jon Jones out.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sometimes in the next 4 years, depending on Jones' suspension, Reyes will be the one to knock Jon Jones out.

He's got the physical attributes and Boxing that gave Jones trouble against Gus, he's a southpaw so Jones will be open to the left hand like he was against Machida, and he's got legit one punch KO power and a lethal head kick.

Making this thread to bump when it happens, feel free to bump if Reyes gets murked in any of his fights in the near future.

You're throwing shit at a wall, hoping that some of it is gonna stick.

There is no way that Jones stays out of trouble during a long suspension.

My money is on him running over a nun on his way to a drug deal.

Jones won't be coming back anytime soon.

200w.gif

I'd like to see Reyes build his resume' a bit. But at the same time, I'd like to see how he'd do against some hard hitters in the lhw division. I can see him and Volkan crossing paths and putting on a just bleed special.

Okay Drizzt, relax and put that haterade down.

Jones won't be coming back anytime soon.
Never underestimate the power of money and the pull of Hollywood moguls. I have noticed since Ari took over, drug suspensions keep turning in to 'tainted supplements' or reduced suspensions. Jones will be fighting by next year at the latest.

His technique is nowhere close.

It's crazy to think he's considered a young prospect (and he is) yet Jones is only like a couple years older than him. So it's not like young lion vs old dog.

It's crazy to think he's considered a young prospect (and he is) yet Jones is only like a couple years older than him. So it's not like young lion vs old dog.
Jones has a lot more mileage on him though, for comparisons sake, TJ Dillashaw is older than Renan Barao.

Sometimes in the next 4 years, depending on Jones' suspension, Reyes will be the one to knock Jon Jones out.

He's got the physical attributes and Boxing that gave Jones trouble against Gus, he's a southpaw so Jones will be open to the left hand like he was against Machida, and he's got legit one punch KO power and a lethal head kick.

Making this thread to bump when it happens, feel free to bump if Reyes gets murked in any of his fights in the near future.

Hes going to have a hard time koing jones from his back.

Jones via sub or hellbows

No. He. Won't.

Reyes has been a great and welcome addition to the LHW division, but: 1) he's not even getting a shot at Jones, and 2) Jon is crafty and versatile enough to bring a smart game plan to winning that fight.

UFC needs to be careful with how they bring Reyes along. He's got speed, power, and athleticism, and he's probably going to be very marketable. so don't rush him up the ranks. Give him at least 3 fights with gradually increasing difficulty. If he can get to 4 or 5 and 0 in the UFC, give him Shogun.

Honestly, once DC and Jones are done/retired/fully moved to heavyweight, LHW can be competitive again. Think Reyes, Volkan, OSP, Pedro, Latifi, Anderson, Cirkunov, Manuwa ... those guys are all really close in terms of talent, age, experience. Wouldn't be surprised if the belt got passed around for a while, while that pack sorts itself out.

Reyes has killer instinct and great striking. Once he smells blood it's not long until he gets his opponent out of there.

Probably coming back from a drug deal. He can't drive high before he buys his drugs.

He would just do one of two things:
1) Push Reyes and beat him up against the cage for taking Reyes down and tapping Reyes out, or tko.
2) Skip the first part and take him down and crush him.

Back