Donald Cerrone vs. Leon Edwards Targeted For UFC Fight Night Singapore Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
So Cowboy isn't moving back down?

Alright fight I guess. Gotta love that Cowboy fights anyone. Edwards is on a pretty good streak but I haven't really been impressed by him. Last fight I saw of his was against Tumenov I think.
I think he wants to, maybe his team or Dana won't let him.

ive been high on Leon since beating Tumenov

hoping he beats Cowboy

I think he wants to, maybe his team or Dana won't let him.
He should, pretty crazy that RDA was the only guy who had his number in his last 12? LW fights. With RDA at WW and not coming back down I don't see why he doesn't drop unless he can't anymore.

He wasn't friendly with Jury though and he beat his ass.
Theres always exceptions to the rule. No one likes Jury anyways.

Winnable fight for Cerrone, Edwards is riding a hype train right now and I'm not really buying, taking the war horse to finish him by

tumblr_oc9ax8b9z71u2ragso1_500.gif
X,O,X,Square

Why does the UFC keep bringing weak cards to singapore?

It's pretty sad...their two past events here were Holm vs Correria and Saffedeine vs Hyun Gyu Lim
<6>

Solid fight. My money is on Donald cerrone in this one.

Why does the UFC keep bringing weak cards to singapore?

It's pretty sad...their two past events here were Holm vs Correria and Saffedeine vs Hyun Gyu Lim
<6>
Are you telling me Saffa vs Lim wasn't a great fight though? and Holm vs Bethe Correia was competitive until she waved Holly on lol. I get your point but so many big name fights fail to deliver and often leave us wondering why they even bothered with the matchup. How many 50-45 UD's do we need before realising that matchmaking is about more than just promoting your biggest stars.

Are you telling me Saffa vs Lim wasn't a great fight though? and Holm vs Bethe Correia was competitive until she waved Holly on lol. I get your point but so many big name fights fail to deliver and often leave us wondering why they even bothered with the matchup. How many 50-45 UD's do we need before realising that matchmaking is about more than just promoting your biggest stars.
The last event did not even come close to selling out the arena, so they need to increase the star power, Holm vs Correira was close until the KO but i wouldnt describe such a low-action fight as "competitive". All the recognizable names on the last card were on actual losing streaks.

I would agree that the entertainment value doesn't just depend on the rankings and name value, but you have to recognize also that high stakes increases the entertainment value in a way
It seems like UFC is not taking the Asian market seriously.
The last time they tried to hold an event in Manilla, there was only one recognisable name (BJ Penn) and when he pulled out the whole card was scrapped.
Bad luck you might say, but it was reported that they had only sold 3000 tickets for the 16000 seat venue when the event was scrapped.

Southeast Asia is RIPE for UFC to come in and take over. ONE championship sells out both the Manilla and Singapore arenas multiple times every year and they have nowhere near the depth of the UFCs roster, they just know how the audiences better.

The last event did not even come close to selling out the arena, so they need to increase the star power, Holm vs Correira was close until the KO but i wouldnt describe such a low-action fight as "competitive". All the recognizable names on the last card were on actual losing streaks.

I would agree that the entertainment value doesn't just depend on the rankings and name value, but you have to recognize also that high stakes increases the entertainment value in a way
It seems like UFC is not taking the Asian market seriously.
The last time they tried to hold an event in Manilla, there was only one recognisable name (BJ Penn) and when he pulled out the whole card was scrapped.
Bad luck you might say, but it was reported that they had only sold 3000 tickets for the 16000 seat venue when the event was scrapped.

Southeast Asia is RIPE for UFC to come in and take over. ONE championship sells out both the Manilla and Singapore arenas multiple times every year and they have nowhere near the depth of the UFCs roster, they just know how the audiences better.
They tried TUF China and it bombed though didn't it? compared to TUF Brazil and TUF Latin which were both very successful and produced a lot of quality fighters. Can you even remember who the finalists were for TUF China without googling it? or what about TUF Road to Japan? the 2 finalists are both on losing streaks now and have been exposed somewhat. They also had that debacle with the Cung Lee test results. I think the asian countries (and many others too) lack some of the infrastructure that the UFC need to put on professional events and they realised that bridging the gap themselves was a bridge too far. Countries like Russia have been holding the UFC to ransom for years hoping to squeeze them hard when they do finally "pay the fee" to be able to host events there and I wouldn't be surprised if China did the same.

I do agree that they need to learn more about the markets they are trying to tap into, but you really can't say they haven't tried. Did you ever watch TUF Road to Japan btw? they went all in to make it a completely different show and much more accessible to the Japanese market. It was both funny and very weird. The last issue I see is physical size. They've introduced the lower weight classes but the asian fighters have not shone there at all except perhaps Horiguchi and he left the UFC a while back from what I can remember, he's in Rizin.

Cowboy all the way. Hope both fighters stay healthy and make it to fight night. I hate sudden change of opponents

Back