Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Dr. My work are looking for some last minute volunteers to help them with a Tough Mudder they are doing in a couple of weeks. Someone tried to rope me into it but I don't really fancy it at the moment though. Sounds like you have gotten the bug for them though!

Thanks. Right now I like having something to train for and they are a new challenge. I recently saw an article that said these mud races and other races (triathlons, ultra marathons etc) are the new mid-life crisis. If so, it's more productive and cheaper than buying a Corvette!

We are thinking about doing Polar Rush, which is in February at a ski resort. Their promo video makes it look fun but if we get a cold, windy day it could suck.

I squatted this week for the first time in months. Felt good but I only did 115x5.

Well, what’s everyone up to this weekend? What has everyone been up to in the past 2 weeks?

I’ve got my first ever hockey league starting tonight. Going bowling tomorrow, and just relaxing besides that.

I’ve been enjoying not working every day lately, and I feel like a new man.

I'll be playing rugby today, probably not much I'll be doing after that today, besides eating and sleeping. Tomorrow I'll go for a long "recovery walk" visiting a historical cemetary in town.

We won, I helped dominate at scrum time and I accidentally broke an opposition player's collarbone.

Well the McGregor-Khabib fight went a little bonkers.

Considering the bonkersness started with the bus-incident it was crazy all along.

No one looks like a winner in that fracas. Even though Khabib smashed McGregor. Also, read up on Khabib’s manager. Jesus Christ. Would not fuck with/10.

What podcasts do you guys usually listen to?

Joe Rogan Experience is the only one I regularly listen to.

I only listen to podcasts on long road trips and it'll either be joe Rogan or some true crime/ history thing if i find anything interesting e.g. a series I the assassination of benazir bhutto

I listen to a Big Brother/Survivor podcast called Rob Has a Podcast. Also Freakonomics and My Brother, My Brother, and Me are my other two regulars.

Anybody using romaleo 3s??? Or have a suggestion for another shoe???

I need new ones.

Strictly for weightlifting?

Yeah just for lifting, a bit of Olympic lifting but mostly squats etc. I’m trying to build back up to where I was before I shattered my ankle, I don’t have the mobility I used to have in the joint yet so a higher heel helps. When I moved, somehow I lost my wei-rui warriors I got in china and used for ~ 5 years so all I have now is some inov8s wiTh an 8mm drop, they were fine for awhile but once I had upwards of ~225lbs on the bar they started feeling a bit squishy. I’m trying to get back to the 1000lb club so I want a good shoe.

I’m looking at the romaleo3 and the adidas power perfect 3 or Adidas Powerlift 3 so any input would be awesome.

Besides price and fit there's not much to say about either of those. What are your feet like?

Besides price and fit there's not much to say about either of those. What are your feet like?

Pretty normal all around, I can’t remember ever buying shoes and thinking they are too narrow, to wide etc. never bother with sizing, just buy my 12 and it’s usually good to go, normal arch.

Hey pub, it's been a while :)

I’m looking at the romaleo3 and the adidas power perfect 3 or Adidas Powerlift 3 so any input would be awesome.

If they're just for lifting I'd drop the Powerlift off your shortlist; the heel is slightly lower than standard (from memory 0.6" as opposed 0.75") and to make them lighter the midsole is EVA which in theory means they may compress a little at heavy weights. They're aimed at Crossfitters so they can do overhead-snatch/body-popping/box-jump complexes (something like that anyway).

I have Power Perfect 2's which I'm very happy with. You can't go far wrong with the PPs, Adipowers or Romaleos; bear in mind that Adidas tend to be ~ half a size smaller than Nike though.

@LatFlare - I read Sapiens following your recommendation a little while ago - I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back