Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he's got another book called homo deus i haven't read yet but heard it's also pretty good

Yeah I saw that. I read a lot (well, Audible nowadays mostly) but it will be a while until I get to that (if at all tbh); there's a load of other books I want to get through first.

Hey pub, it's been a while :)

If they're just for lifting I'd drop the Powerlift off your shortlist; the heel is slightly lower than standard (from memory 0.6" as opposed 0.75") and to make them lighter the midsole is EVA which in theory means they may compress a little at heavy weights. They're aimed at Crossfitters so they can do overhead-snatch/body-popping/box-jump complexes (something like that anyway).

I have Power Perfect 2's which I'm very happy with. You can't go far wrong with the PPs, Adipowers or Romaleos; bear in mind that Adidas tend to be ~ half a size smaller than Nike though.

@LatFlare - I read Sapiens following your recommendation a little while ago - I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the reply, not the powerLIFT, the power perfect...I know the power lifts have that power heel and seem to be less firm.

Damn bro, my condolences. I didn't know things were that bad.

Could be worse, I could be a loser who was only good at one single thing in their life (lifting) and had no other outlets. I mean seriously bro, if you shattered your ankle you’d be fuuuuuuucked. Me, I just did other shit for a few months.

Anyways yeah it’s that bad, I couldn’t walk for almost 6 months so it’s going to take some rebuilding.

Thanks for being a cunt though lol.

What podcasts do you guys usually listen to?

I'll go for a late reply...

My favourite podcasts are by Monocle 24, especially the Daily and Midori House:

https://monocle.com/radio/shows/midori-house/

Daily news, global perspective, really good anchors and excellent guests/panelists- former ambassadors, academics, think tank members, etc.

For strictly UK politics I listen to the Financial Times politics podcast and the Guardian politics podcast. For US politics I listen to the Political Gabfest and the Weeds. Vox's Worldly is good for foreign policy (Monocle 24 also has a good one on foreign policy- The Foreign Desk).

Yeah I saw that. I read a lot (well, Audible nowadays mostly) but it will be a while until I get to that (if at all tbh); there's a load of other books I want to get through first.
What's on your list? I'm always looking fur a good book.

What's on your list? I'm always looking fur a good book.
In addition to Sapiens I’ve recently read:
A bunch of techy books (e.g. The Phoenix Project, How Linux Works…)

12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos - Jordan B Peterson
I’m certainly not a Peterson disciple, some of what he says is complete bollocks; some of what he says is insightful and interesting though. I’m glad I read it.

Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work - Steven Kotler, Jamie Wheal
This isn’t a perfect book but I enjoyed it. I find discussions around flow states and trying to maximise human performance really interesting.

Currently reading:
365 Days With Self-Discipline: 365 Life-Altering Thoughts on Self-Control, Mental Resilience, and Success - Martin Meadows
Not an amazing book (I’m not sure I’d recommend it), but it’s a good collection of quotes and (mostly) related insights; some of the authors insights are a little odd though.

On the list:
A Short History of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson
The God Delusion – Richard Dawkins
The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss - Jason Fung
A History of Western Philosophy – Bertrand Russell
A bunch of other techy books
I may throw a novel or two in and/or try and learn a language.

Been in Thompson for about a week, using the hotel gym. 5x10 arms and chest. I miss squat.

Now go for a spray tan and hang out by the hotel pool. Make those cleaning ladies/visiting hunters/fishermen swoon.

Now go for a spray tan and hang out by the hotel pool. Make those cleaning ladies/visiting hunters/fishermen swoon.
I go from hotel to work to drive thru to work to hotel. In that order. Minimize the time I spend outside. The worse I look the better

Anybody using romaleo 3s??? Or have a suggestion for another shoe???

I need new ones.

I like my Adidas powerlifts I have the 2.1s. Previously I only wore black cons. I like the Adidas, wide fit, comfy, solid af. I only wearing them for squats

Just saw this on Reddit

Attachments

• 646C5F9E-7B81-42F9-893B-1C9D53201AD3.jpeg
    646C5F9E-7B81-42F9-893B-1C9D53201AD3.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back