Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great plan. Walking from Alexanderplatz to the Brandenburg Gate is the classic tourist trip I always do with guests, it ticks a lot of boxes and isn't too far. Checkpoint Charlie is nice, but you probably won't spend a lot of time there, unless you enter one of the museums there. If you have time for a trip that's not that close to the city centre, I'd suggest visiting the Soviet War Memorial in the Treptower Park and maybe taking one of the guided tours of the Spreepark, an old amusement park that closed down fifteen years ago and has quite a crazy history to it.

Sounds like a great plan. Walking from Alexanderplatz to the Brandenburg Gate is the classic tourist trip I always do with guests, it ticks a lot of boxes and isn't too far. Checkpoint Charlie is nice, but you probably won't spend a lot of time there, unless you enter one of the museums there. If you have time for a trip that's not that close to the city centre, I'd suggest visiting the Soviet War Memorial in the Treptower Park and maybe taking one of the guided tours of the Spreepark, an old amusement park that closed down fifteen years ago and has quite a crazy history to it.

Thanks, I'll probably check out that walk you suggested, like to do most cities by foot where possible, I think you take in more that way. I actually read about the Spreepark recently, looks kind of eerie, but I might check it out!

Thanks and if you happen to be around for a beer and a kebab, let me know, haha!

Christmas plans everyone?

As is the case with most of us I expect, I'll be meeting up with various friends and family members over the coming weeks. Christmas Day itself will probably be a quiet affair at home with just my girlfriend and two boys. On the 26th (Boxing Day for us Brits) we're going to Berlin for a few nights to have a look around. It will be our first time in Germany, and I'm looking forward to it @xPINKx you're in or from Germany aren't you? Any recommendations? I'm not too fussed about overly touristy things.

I've been to Berlin a few times, it's pretty great. I strongly recommend a bar called The Castle, on Invalidenstraße 129. They have ten or twelve different microbrewery beers on tap at all times, as well as a wide range of other drinks. The beers are from different places (many but not all German) and they rotate them regularly. It's a very pleasant, well-laid out pub, friendly staff and customers.

I've been to Berlin a few times, it's pretty great. I strongly recommend a bar called The Castle, on Invalidenstraße 129. They have ten or twelve different microbrewery beers on tap at all times, as well as a wide range of other drinks. The beers are from different places (many but not all German) and they rotate them regularly. It's a very pleasant, well-laid out pub, friendly staff and customers.
Thanks for the tip Jaunty! Sounds like my kind of place.

I really want to visit Berlin (it's looking likely next year). I went to Munich earlier this year and I'm off to Frankfurt in a couple of weeks (with work, I won't have much downtime); both are fine but Berlin particularly appeals.

Back. Started a new log. Looking forward to logging again.

Logging is basically the only reason I come here anymore.

The main really is as bad as it's ever been in the time I've been on Sherdog. Sheesh.

Maybe there's some input to be got here: Did any of you ever dabble with triphasic training? A friend of mine would like me to be one of his guinea pigs for a few weeks with a non-scientific article to be written about the training and its effects. Supramaximal eccentrics and concentrics are fucking scary, but apparently the gains are sweet as honey...

*heads to google* Seems like triphasic means slow eccentric and explosive concentric? I think that's what most people recommend anyway, as leat what people recommended around here when it was a more active forum. I guess if you are doing tempo training to maximum TUT then triphasic would be an improvement.

I dont remember the main ever being good. Logging keeps me focused and since I "know" you guys, might as well be here. I'm small and weak again now. Jiu jitsu made me weak.

*heads to google* Seems like triphasic means slow eccentric and explosive concentric? I think that's what most people recommend anyway, as leat what people recommended around here when it was a more active forum. I guess if you are doing tempo training to maximum TUT then triphasic would be an improvement.
Triphasic Training as a bit of trademark means having block of eccentric-, isometric- and concentric-based training followed by a peaking block.

Anyone else notice the two new trolls on the main? Kravjutsu?? And 5thdimension?

5thdimension seems to be just a little on the stupid side...Kravjitsu is def a troll, might actually be pokerandbeer.

I had not noticed, either, however I see one has posted in my log. So I was forced to notice. Put on ignore. I remember pokerandbeer, didn’t really have a problem with them, but I’m pretty sure Cratos did, and I was friends with Cratos, so I guess I got lumped in?

That guy has nothing to offer. Poker is a great troll, easily one of my favorite posters on sherdog, so hostile.

Christmas plans everyone?

As is the case with most of us I expect, I'll be meeting up with various friends and family members over the coming weeks. Christmas Day itself will probably be a quiet affair at home with just my girlfriend and two boys. On the 26th (Boxing Day for us Brits) we're going to Berlin for a few nights to have a look around. It will be our first time in Germany, and I'm looking forward to it @xPINKx you're in or from Germany aren't you? Any recommendations? I'm not too fussed about overly touristy things.

Getting drunk, doing an XX ski race which I think I’ll win then doing some snow mobiling and getting drunk more.

I dont remember the main ever being good. Logging keeps me focused and since I "know" you guys, might as well be here. I'm small and weak again now. Jiu jitsu made me weak.

Are you still competing in judo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back